Damn... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Damn...

Once again a complete failure to objectively assess our talent level and those of our opponents.

Your reaction to the reality of competition with this team is what occurs when pre-season expectations are emotional and unfounded.

The fact is that both USC and Rutgers were physically superior to the Orange - their size/speed/strength was better than ours and their superiority caused the turnovers and the losses.

Your presumption that UConn is less talented than Syracuse is probably not accurate. UConn and the Orange are probably evenly matched teams. Indeed, UConn more than likely has a superior defense and superior special teams players such as Nick Williams one of the great return men in college football.

So if you feel going into this game that it should be an easy SU victory, you're mistaken and you have once again set unrealistic expectations that will cause you and others who look at things the way you do a lot of angst.

Rutgers, USC, NW, Pitt and UConn have all come from a different place than the Orange has in the last seven years. We still have a ways to go before we can expect wins in the way you now seem to expect them.

You may have had "enough waiting for next year" (where were you for the Pinstripe Bowl season?) but frankly how you feel is meaningless. What matters is where the program is from a talent standpoint. And right now it's a work in progress.

Oh and one more thing. If the Orange loses on Friday night it was nice knowing you - good riddance.

Hey PA...YOU

I don't disagree with that.

I think too many fans think of our program as a professional program - one that can be turned around simply with a tweak here or there.

Too many don't realize the talent differential and financial differential that the program faces - there is no parity in college football in the same way that there is parity in professional sports.

And that's why I warned folks during summer camp that too many were overestimating wins this year - that we could very well lose to every BE opponent and that our record this year would likely not accurately gauge the progress that Marrone is making.

So, when you get comments like "80% of the team's record is due to coaching" or "it's time for Hackett to put up or shut up" or "I'm done if they lose to UConn" you just have to shake your head.

LOL so in year four what games should SU expect to win Stony Brook? Is that it? Its year four when should this great talent you keep harping on show up? At what point do the coaches take any blame? Whats the execuse going to be when Uconn fires P at the end of the year should there fan base have expected to lose every Big East game like we should have?

Do you know why that run was called and why it was part of the game plan?

I presume you listened when Marrone explained the purpose of that call?

What call would you have made in that instance? And while you're answering the question please explain the defense that we lined up against for that play.

Thank you.
I'l keep it brief

No

No

TE Throwback or 10 dive.

A defense with guys fast enough to run down our slowest RB on an outside run.

Do you know why that run was called and why it was part of the game plan?

I presume you listened when Marrone explained the purpose of that call?

What call would you have made in that instance? And while you're answering the question please explain the defense that we lined up against for that play.

Thank you.

Do you know why a different play wasnt called? Do you know what offensive package we were in? Do you know if Marrone was upset over the play call?

I presume you talked with Hackett on Monday and got his explanation?

I presume you know why a goaline package was installed after that debacle?

I am guessing you have a reason why you keep asking everyone these questions like your Marrone's guardian.

I'l keep it brief

No

No

TE Throwback or 10 dive.

A defense with guys fast enough to run down our slowest RB on an outside run.
Could you imagine Nassib trying to throw a TE throwback??? Good grief, how can you even suggest that?

Could you imagine Nassib trying to throw a TE throwback??? Good grief, how can you even suggest that?

Because if I was calling plays it wouldn't be Mr. Liability throwing the ball.

I think ESPN needs to check their stats. Penalties by game:

NW: 12
USC: 5
Stony Brook: 8
Minn: 10
Pitt: 3
Rutgers: 7

Ok fair enough. Maybe they screwed up and posted 2011 stats under 2012. That's where I found it so that's what I posted.

Ok fair enough. Maybe they screwed up and posted 2011 stats under 2012. That's where I found it so that's what I posted.
If you believed we have averaged 15 penalties a game, you haven't been watching the games. Have you been watching the games?

Yeah but I'm usually burying my face in my hands during the first half and pizzazz drunk by the 2nd half. Funny thing is I don't even really like to drink. Only when watching the Lions or SU. What's that say????

Seriously I thought the stat seemed high too. But it was right there in black and white. I mean I knew we were penalized a lot so yeah I went with it.

Yeah but I'm usually burying my face in my hands during the first half and pizzazz drunk by the 2nd half. Funny thing is I don't even really like to drink. Only when watching the Lions or SU. What's that say????

Seriously I thought the stat seemed high too. But it was right there in black and white. I mean I knew we were penalized a lot so yeah I went with it.

Lions fan? That says it all. BTW, my Bears are going crush you guys on Monday :D

Once again a complete failure to objectively assess our talent level and those of our opponents.

Your reaction to the reality of competition with this team is what occurs when pre-season expectations are emotional and unfounded.

The fact is that both USC and Rutgers were physically superior to the Orange - their size/speed/strength was better than ours and their superiority caused the turnovers and the losses.

Your presumption that UConn is less talented than Syracuse is probably not accurate. UConn and the Orange are probably evenly matched teams. Indeed, UConn more than likely has a superior defense and superior special teams players such as Nick Williams one of the great return men in college football.

So if you feel going into this game that it should be an easy SU victory, you're mistaken and you have once again set unrealistic expectations that will cause you and others who look at things the way you do a lot of angst.

Rutgers, USC, NW, Pitt and UConn have all come from a different place than the Orange has in the last seven years. We still have a ways to go before we can expect wins in the way you now seem to expect them.

You may have had "enough waiting for next year" (where were you for the Pinstripe Bowl season?) but frankly how you feel is meaningless. What matters is where the program is from a talent standpoint. And right now it's a work in progress.

Oh and one more thing. If the Orange loses on Friday night it was nice knowing you - good riddance.

You are so ridiculously off base, it's almost scary.

Maybe if the game is bad enough, at halftime the band will refuse to yield? The Day 'Cuse football died?

Lions fan? That says it all. BTW, my Bears are going crush you guys on Monday :D
I can't wait until Suh steps on Cutlers balls tonight!! I'm going to DVR it while I watch just to watch it over and over again.

I can't wait until Suh steps on Cutlers balls tonight!! I'm going to DVR it while I watch just to watch it over and over again.

Should be a good game - I hope.

Should be a good game - I hope.
Wow, Suh did exactly as I wished and turned Cutler into a pile of ground beef. What I didn't expect was Cutler to pick himself up and form himself back into a piece of prime rib. Guy has got some serious balls shaking off that hit and finishing the game. It's official now, Lions still suck, last year was an anomaly. Good luck with the Packers and Vikings, I hate both of them much worse than the Bears so I'd rather see you guys win the division.

You are so ridiculously off base, it's almost scary.
USC was the only team that was physically superior to us. Rutgers had some athletes that were superior but then so did Syracuse. IMO it was a wash and the team that made the fewest mistaken won. When I think of physically superior teams I think of a team that would man handle the Cuse. Alabama, Florida, KSU, S. Carolina are a few teams I think of. Bottom line is the gap is not as great as it once was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom