Dan Dakich just tweeted his midseason awards... | Syracusefan.com

Dan Dakich just tweeted his midseason awards...

Raise your hands all you who saw CJ as a First Team All American when he came onboard. We thought he would be good, but A-A?

I like Dakich a lot, I know he is usually pro-Cuse, but he has really good insight and isn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers. He knows his stuff.

LennX6 said:
Raise your hands all you who saw CJ as a First Team All American when he came onboard. We thought he would be good, but A-A?

Marsh01
Rf2044

I wish i could pull up posts from4 years ago because we took a lot of heat when we said he would be an all american his senior year.

the first thing I though of when I saw CJ play was that he looked like Lamar from Revenge of the nerds,....sorry.

So we could have a first team all American, the Freshman of the year, and the sixth man of the year not bad not bad.

This guy always thought he was the best player in his recruiting class.
Same here. Loved CJ from the start, had an outstanding feeling about him as soon as I started watching some clips and reading up on him when he was a senior in HS. Once I saw that he fell off in the rankings because of injury, and after watching his highlights, I knew he would surprise the hell out of people.

Living here in Indy I get more than my fill of Dakich glad I finally agree with him on something!

Second I saw Fair and Waiters their freshman years I thought I saw two amazing players who would be among the greats here.

I think they both had "it" from the get go.

CJ Fair is an all-american, but in my view he has not been efficient enough to be a first team all-American.

And F Shabazz.

Note - I am expecting a board beatdown. But an all-American is not Bad!

Last edited:
CJ Fair is an all-american, but in my view he has not been efficient enough to be a first team all-American.

And F Shabazz.

Note - I am expecting a board beatdown. But an all-American is not Bad!

Who's ahead of him as a forward?

This guy always thought he was the best player in his recruiting class.
But First Team All-American? I agree he's always been a high caliber prospect and a very very good player, but first team AA is Sherm/Coleman/Owens territory.

Who's ahead of him as a forward?

I think Rodney Hood is absolute must to consider for it. He has fewer turnovers as well. CJ is at 3 per game. Hood is shooting 47% from 3 and 18/5/2. I like the list but wouldn't have a problem if Hood was on the list and not CJ. Hood is a slightly more efficient player but they are SO similar and almost carbon copies. Looking forward to that Duke game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom