Dan Mullen | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this, if we were played, it would be par for the course. Still, I wonder why we are not hearing other names right now. Time as we say, is of the essence. We have recruits to keep and the portal will be opening soon.
Your comment made me think of something. Has anyone checked if players are following Chesney on Twitter / X? If not, and we know they are following Mullen, that’s a pretty heavy bit of evidence. This could have mostly been wrapped up at that initial visit and they are just waiting for lawyers and timing.

I think all this fly tracking stuff is nonsense but I can’t see anyone flying in this late and getting to their room at what 1am. It’s more plausible to fly in tomorrow.
maybe for guys like them, but for us mere mortals who travel a lot getting home to Syracuse at 1am from wherever is a regular occurrence.

If Dan Mullen is the guy i expect they will announce it tomorrow. What would be the point of holding off now? You have the inside jokes by Barrie, players and recruits following on Twitter. That just doesn’t happen . If this deal is done we should hear something tomorrow, Monday at the latest. We have to salvage kids from transferring and get a jump on 12/4 becaus we need 3 QB’s and other help. If we don’t hear anything tomorrow, or Monday at the absolute latest i would be very worried we came up short.
I agree on this - however I will say that I have seen some very stupid lawyer posturing back and forth with one side insisting on certain language and another posturing back. When it comes to employment contracts it can take a bit.

With all of these various theories and possible explanations going on, Occam’s Razor comes to mind.

“Occam's razor is a principle often attributed to 14th–century friar William of Ockham that says that if you have two competing ideas to explain the same phenomenon, you should prefer the simpler one.”

In my mind, the simpler explanation being that Mullen was in town, players are following him, and jokes are being made on air. They are just waiting to finalize the employment contract and for yesterday’s game to have finished.

Edit: just looked it up - the razor refers to shaving away other explanations. Learned something today!

Last edited:
Alright, reporting for first shift duty. Overnight summary:
honestly sort of whacky last night….
if someone said “boo” to us we’d all jump out of our seats
espn hosts are having fun with Mullen on air. something’s up
we have expert airplane searchers.
dr Charles lutz may or may not be a big whale for us, lending his personal jet so mullen can fly to cuse
bourbon is cheap in japan
some people check this board when they get up to pee in middle of night (true Dedication). I barely open my eyes.
we have no idea if either candidate was in Syracuse this weekend.
and we have no idea who next coach will be.

If we're being honest? This may have morphed into stalking 101... Fortunately, its only about trying to get a football scoop...

We're just a fan base that wants to be good again. Carry on...
Lol, this goes well beyond stalking 101.

This is ex-girlfriend, co-dependent, Dateline/graduate level stalking.

What happens here stays here.

Went to the tailgate and the game. Got home to another 20 pages. Had a couple of bourbons and watched the highlights of the games . Did I miss anything in this thread? Is Dan our coach? Lots of rumors at the tailgate. Best one was that Mullin had a room at the Sheraton! lol

If Dan Mullen is the guy how do you expect our coordinators to look like. I can see something like

Passing Game Coordinator: John Beck
Running Game Coordinator: John Hevesy
Defensive Coordinator: Geoff Collins or Todd Grantham

After 152 pages and reading every post, I have leaned you all are crazy and I love it. Also, I need to start drinking bourbon!! I’ve been a gin and vodka guy but I need to switch as I am actually going to Japan in a few weeks and need to buy bourbon cheap ;-)

Let’s say he gets donors help to pony up for Mullen and a costly Mullen staff,,, donors might say well I have nothing left to give for NIL. Mullen might assume that to be the situation and therefore his interest in the job wanes.
With Bob and a HC staff, should be plenty available for NIL in comparison
This is wrong. The ad has a bigger budget than you think. Before “donations”

Dropping my son off at holy cross today ….will report back
Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

I just boarded a 9.5 hour flight back to the US. I can 100% guarantee a leak when I land in Seattle.

I’m sure the first thing I do when I get my phone on will be to refresh this thread. Btw if anyone is planning to visit Japan they have great deals on whiskey because of the exchange rate. I got a bottle of Arbelour 16 for $78 at the airport… goes for $116 at total wine.
Doesn’t the cost of the flight offset the savings?

With all of these various theories and possible explanations going on, Occam’s Razor comes to mind.

“Occam's razor is a principle often attributed to 14th–century friar William of Ockham that says that if you have two competing ideas to explain the same phenomenon, you should prefer the simpler one.”

In my mind, the simpler explanation being that Mullen was in town, players are following him, and jokes are being made on air. They are just waiting to finalize the employment contract and for yesterday’s game to have finished.

Edit: just looked it up - the razor refers to shaving away other explanations. Learned something today!
What a coincidence

I just watched Shaving Ryan’s Privates on Blue-Ray last night

Blue-Ray is not available for comment

Status
Not open for further replies.