Dan Mullen | Page 156 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
SU hired a firm to assist with the coaching hire - couldn't find the name of the firm or what thread it is in. Maybe the firm is located in Chicago.
Chicago is not that far from South Bend. Golden?

Anyone remember when chip kelly was at New Hampshire? There was chatter/buzz about someone like that coming straight here. Obviously he went to Oregon as coordinator and then things worked out great for him (and not us). I don’t get any of that innovative energy from chesney, though, where what he does at his level could work at any level and compel us to jump on it while we can. Does anyone else?
Kelly was already at Oregon and had agreed in principle to take the SU job. Oregon didn’t want to lose him and named him coach in waiting and Kelly stayed at Oregon. It was a major loss for us.

Ok, I think I’m on day four of this (thread) bender and I finally feel qualified to add my .02. As somebody who lives in Horseheads, the Elmira-Corning regional airport is a lovely place. Do you know where their main connection is? That’s right, Chicago! Could be something, could be nothing! They also have an Enterprise Rental kiosk. When there’s smoke…

FWIW, I sat next to two former Northwestern players at the Iowa game a few weeks back (in Wrigley). Straight up asked them about Pat Fitz and they said it was “pure bs and politics.” They stated that no complaints of hazing were ever brought to leadership council or coaching staff during their tenure and that Fitz was a straight up guy who the players would run through a wall for. Their words, not mine. It did get me thinking if there was one coach who has a track record of making an irrelevant school, relevant it would be Fitz.

Anyways, keep up the good work! LFGO

Look I would absolutely love the next Syracuse University Football Coach to be Dan Mullen. If it is Chesney then all the bashing is not going to help if he is the hire. Especially after I found out yesterday that my two seats if I want to keep them went from $1315.00 to $4400.00. I will support whoever the hire is but I hope it happens soon because I’m dying here. Go Orange!

Woah! Thats a big jump.

Mcnabb wanted Jim Knowles. I know that for a fact and posted it here a while ago. That ain’t happening. And I don’t believe this DT guy for a second. He just wants to be included as if he knows something

DT also said there was no chance we were hiring Mullen

DT also reports on Alfred state football and what not

Hard to believe he has any real sources but who knows

I am not one to question you I value your input and inside info.. i see he has met with ADJW all over the place. Is this not true?
What place? This board?

Just went back and watched it. It’s safe to say Mullen is a candidate for at least one job. We know Barrie keeps referencing orange so we know we are involved. Whether he chooses to accept an offer or not is anyone’s guess.
I've seen both Barrie "incidents" and he DEFINITELY knows Mullen is considering A job - the only question is, which job? Is it Cuse?

Well, Barrie did mention "orange" in the 1st incident, then posted & snidely commented on an article linking Mullen to SU. So that confirms that SU is at least ONE of the jobs in play with Mullen.

But is it the only one? Michigan St and MSU, I believe have both made hires - so they're out. Are there other possible suitors or potential openings Mullen has an eye on? IF the answer is 'No' then logic dictates that he's coming to Syracuse. But that's a big azz if.

Last edited:
I've seen both Barrie "incidents" and he DEFINITELY knows Mullen is considering A job - the only question is, which job? Is it Cuse?

Well, Barrie did mention "orange" in the 1st incident, then posted & snidely commented on an article linking Mullen to SU. So that confirms that SU is at least ONE of the jobs in play with Mullen.

But is it the only one? Michigan St and MSU, I believe have both made hires - so they're out. Are there other possible suitors or potential openings Mullen has an eye on? IF the answer if 'No' then logic dictates that he's coming to Syracuse. But that's a big azz if.
I have to think Kentucky intrigued Mullen based on Matt and Joey’s facial expressions. Like that may have been one domino to fall that was ahead of Cuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.