Dan Mullen | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sidetrack this thread, but I don’t think it’s an accurate assessment to say P was a “continuity” hire. He had his own credentials and was a big part of Mac’s success. He was also more of the disciplinarian that we needed following Mac’s upbeat rah-rah style (which was called for when he was hired). P’s only problem was the University stopped adequately finding the program.
Wasn’t Edsell the coach most wanted and upset p was hired over him. I vaguely remember someone other then p was suppose to get the job

Update from the Clarion Ledger on Dan Mullen & Mississippi State: Mullen could be approaching a removal from our hot board. The ESPN analyst recently said on a SiriusXM show that he’d, “never say never” about a return to Starkville. However, along with having had no contact with Mississippi State administration to that point, he said he’s not sure if now is the time.
They went after Chadwell and he told them no and that’s he’s staying at Liberty. So can cross him off the list and sounds like you can cross Mullen off that list too

Wasn’t Edsell the coach most wanted and upset p was hired over him. I vaguely remember someone other then p was suppose to get the job
I think Edsall thought he was the most likely. I don’t know if the fans thought that. Of course at that time, the SyracuseFan board was just RRLBees posting fliers on the streetlight polls on Salina street.

1990?

There was no internet back then.

Nobody knew Coach Mac was leaving until they read about it in the paper the next morning.

And nobody knew Coach P was promoted until after it happened.

Update from the Clarion Ledger on Dan Mullen & Mississippi State: Mullen could be approaching a removal from our hot board. The ESPN analyst recently said on a SiriusXM show that he’d, “never say never” about a return to Starkville. However, along with having had no contact with Mississippi State administration to that point, he said he’s not sure if now is the time.

So Mullen said no to a return to Starkville but he didn’t say no to a return to coaching in the above quote.

1990?

There was no internet back then.

Nobody knew Coach Mac was leaving until they read about it in the paper the next morning.

And nobody knew Coach P was promoted until after it happened.
Sam Jankovich former Miami ad hired Mac for the Patriots purely because of the Lisa Olson situation where things got very dark regarding the attitude of the organization. They quickly needed a positive guy and Mac was the quickest fix to malaise

In hindsight a solid choice and perhaps had Bledsoe been in place he may have had a Pete Carroll like career w New England. Dick was saddled w a crappy team and no qb

They went after Chadwell and he told them no and that’s he’s staying at Liberty. So can cross him off the list and sounds like you can cross Mullen off that list too
Well just because they don’t want to coach at Miss St doesn’t mean they wouldn’t want to coach here. I don’t think that really proves anything.

Now is not the time for Mississippi State because he will coach Syracuse to a quick acc championship and a awesome bowl game.. He shows his worth and leaves for Jimbo money.. Then a new chancellor comes in and that should come with a new AD who will want to hire his own legacy coach.. the stars are aligning my friend. This is good stuff right here!

Now is not the time for Mississippi State because he will coach Syracuse to a quick acc championship and a awesome bowl game.. He shows his worth and leaves for Jimbo money.. Then a new chancellor comes in and that should come with a new AD who will want to hire his own legacy coach.. the stars are aligning my friend. This is good stuff right here!

Yes! And please don’t bogart it.

Puff, puff, pass!

He is being followed by Enrique Cruz and Jakari Williams now …
Did y'all ever think that they are only starting to follow him because of the tweet from the DO staffer that he is the betting favorite. ;)

He is being followed by Enrique Cruz and Jakari Williams now …
IMG_7323.jpeg

LOL What makes them strong rumors as opposed to weak ones. Clemson was leaving in October as I recall. It's now late November and egads, they are still in the ACC.,
Life happened, and they fell off from their perch a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.