Dan Mullen | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this^^^^is true, we could get him for practically nothing if Florida is coughing up the difference to get him to $7.57M. We invest the money we saved on Dino and pay Mullen’s staff top dollar and see how this test ride goes until 2026. If things take off, we pony up and pay DM $8M from 2027 forward knowing we are winning again and packing the dome.
I am sure we have to pay hom market rate or Florida will sue and probably win. However, that is OK an even trade Dino for Mullen works.

With Mullen we probably keep Tremble and grab a top transfer too.

I'll be really interested in how he utilizes Villari he needs to be on the field
DV has NFL TE potential. He should be utilized as a TE. Slant routes over the middle, TE screens, and some fades. With him OG on the field those are two solid options. Maybe Pena can get healthy and be a solid threat. Maybe we grab a good portal WR?

I am sure we have to pay hom market rate or Florida will sue and probably win. However, that is OK an even trade Dino for Mullen works.
Florida might just have to guarantee the amount up to $7.57. So if we pay him $4M, Florida saves $4M and pays $3.57M to get him to $7.57. No idea if that’s how his contract works but that would be a win win win for everyone.

I know Shrader was post Mullen but I'm curious is he was initially being recruited during the Mullen time?

Could see him bringing Addazio to coach OL/recruit-They go way back.
"At Syracuse, Mullen met Rogers, the offensive coordinator he worked under and still cites as a mentor. When Rogers was hired at Notre Dame as its offensive coordinator following the 1998 season, then-head coach Bob Davie allowed him to bring two staffers with him. Current Boston College head coach Steve Addazio was one. Mullen was the other."
https://theathletic.com/918594/2019...rida-graduate-assistant-days-wagner-syracuse/

Also would be poached fast from us probably. Do we take 4-5 Mullen years over 8-10 chesney?
No question Chesney . Chesney could get an SEC job sooner because Mullen flamed out at UF. Meanwhile Kelly is winning at LSU and Chesney is younger and less of a dick.

Chesney could win and be gone in a year. Mullen I think would need more of a fit and the perfect job that is at least as good a job as Florida and there’s only a few of them.

No question Chesney . Chesney could get an SEC job sooner because Mullen flamed out at UF. Meanwhile Kelly is winning at LSU and Chesney is younger and less of a dick.

Chesney could win and be gone in a year. Mullen I think would need more of a fit and the perfect job that is at least as good a job as Florida and there’s only a few of them.
Mullen flamed out at Florida? He had one losing season. Here is his record at Florida. 10-3, 11-2, 8-4, 5-6, fired after the 5-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom