Dan Mullen | Page 162 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG-20231126-111956.jpg

If Mullen was the main target in this search, he reached out to JW and wanted to be here, has interviewed and the administration was bucking up to meet his demands, then this would have been done. We are missing something here.

I think the booster thing is the reason. They have to be all-in, too, if we are going to be able to afford this.

I wouldn't read much into the Brewster thing with regard to Mullen. I mean, it sure seems like coaching under Prime has been... interesting. Just ask Sean Lewis. Could easily be leaving for a lateral move.

Brewster has coached under Mack Brown for like 13 or 14 years in various places and times. He's coached under Jimbo Fisher for six years between FSU and A&M.

Maybe Jimbo really likes him and is gonna throw him a few bucks to be his fishing buddy or something while he tries to come up with ways to spend his $76M.

SU fans: we need to spend money for better coaching.
SU: OK. We are raising ticket prices so we can hire better coaches.
SU fans: What? No thanks. I’ll just watch on TV.
I am not complaining about it. I am saying I want Mullen for that increase. I’m all in on spending the money for a name coach. If it’s Chesney so be it. I would prefer Mullen and don’t want Marrone, Golden,White or Coan.

Who knows how accurate the Chicago report is but I’d assume it’s fairly common to meet with high profile candidates off site for 2nd/3rd interviews etc. Assuming the top candidates have been on campus once to see facilities etc meeting out of town makes it possible to be a little more discreet with less distractions. I’m not sure where Chicago comes into play other than some of the previous theories like easier for his agent, big booster(s) there etc.

I could be wrong but felt like the Marrone deal or another was said to be done in Chicago as well.

This thread is going to be optioned into a 10-episode Netflix series.

"Tracking Dan: The wild, but true story of a message board, a football program and a dream"

Tags: #bourbon, #trackingflights, #syracuse, #wildhack, #hiremullen, #regrettabletattoos, #wednesdaypractice, #longestthreadever, #thepaysideknewmonthsago

Starring:
Steve Carell as Dan Mullen
Greg Kinnear as John Wildhack
Andrew Garfield as Bob Chesney
Jon Hamm voicing the posts by Bulldog04

with the SEC now.. A&M at best is maybe the 6-7-8 best team until things change.

with the ACC now the leap to 2-3 best is coaching and a small add of talent..

Su 6-6 BC/GT/Clemson were all there for the taking. Can a little more talent and a few more coaching decisions get you to 10 once in awhile and thats the edge of the 12 team playoff

In the SEC not only do you have to get better you still have to beat Ok/Tex/Ga/AL and then hope Fl/Tenn are not good and then hope MSU//Miss/Kent are in their down years and thats just to get to a 8 win season if you dont play any tough OC games.
I think A&M is a really tough job if you care about being successful. They’re a middle of the pack SEC team with boosters that expect to be Alabama. Yeah you’ll make a truckload of cash but your life expectancy isn’t very high at a program like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom