Danny Ainge on Fab Melo | Syracusefan.com

Danny Ainge on Fab Melo

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
During the broadcast of the Celts-Bulls game Ainge made some remarks about Fab Melo. He said the C's got in two summer leagues because they wanted to develop Fab & the other newcomers. He said the defensive system that Melo played at SU was different than what the Celts run. OSU ran a similar D & Sullinger is catching on quicker. That is all natural. He said what he likes about Fab is that he's eager to work hard, his foot work is good for a big man, he's agile, & he likes his willingness to take charges. After the summer league, over a 4 month period, they will work hard to accelerate his learning process. The other announcers felt that Kevin Garnett would adopt Melo teach & work him hard.

why do kids need to learn remedial bb because the coach is old and lazy

The bold type is a nice touch.

Or perhaps it takes more than a few years to learn the game.
Coach may be old but lazy? So freaking lazy he took the summer off.;)

Wow! The kid is ineligible because he didn't go to a fencing class and your calling his coach lazy. If Jim just gave you back your lunch money would you stop your assinine commentary?

Give it up, Igor. I know that you get your jollies from people responding to your comments, but they get old after a while.

Great to have you back Igor. In case you missed it, we went 34-3 this year. Won the big East regular season title.

Of course, the poster is too lazy to use the correct term which would be rudimentary as opposed to remedial. But that's neither here nor there.

As old and as lazy as the mavs zone two years ago against the heat that may have won them the title.

Of course, the poster is too lazy to use the correct term which would be rudimentary as opposed to remedial. But that's neither here nor there.
Well, I think Igor was saying that the NBA shouldn't have to teach remedial BB.

You guys get way too uptight with Igor. It's fun for me to try and decipher what is serious and what is looking for a reaction.

Well, I think Igor was saying that the NBA shouldn't have to teach remedial BB.
no, the first part of his comment was immaterial - all he really wanted to say is that JB is "old and lazy;" it's all he ever wants to say, even when he is making good points, it's just with the intent of laying the predicate for "old and lazy."

Igor, I don't care that I don't agree with your view on JB, I am glad to have you back and I hope you are doing well and you are on here getting under people's skin for years to come.

the bold type is the stroke

And did the stroke make you forget that Fab has only been playing basketball for about 6 years total now? It's not remedial basketball when you never actually learned the game as a youngster like most of us. While I'm on it, you must have missed the difference in Fab's game from his first season to the next. I guess you believe he learned the game from someone else during that time.

the bold type is the stroke
Sorry, I thought you were expanding your game and going for added emphasis. I thought maybe we'd see capital letters and punctuation next.

tomorrow i'll ask my grand son to type my message. its yoo hard to grt my message across

I'm glad you're back igor, Florida St has their Doc Holliday but we have the original Igor.

Great to have you back Igor. In case you missed it, we went 34-3 this year. Won the big East regular season title.
Why would you want that it was much nicer while he was gone, there in an inverse relationship between the number of BC and Igor post to board enjoyability.

"I think Fab is getting more comfortable. We need him to be more consistent and I think he will in time. I think the next few months are going to be really big for him and his development. He's got to put a lot of time in the weight room and just learning the system, defensively.

"He does have an upside, for sure. What I like about Fab is he blocks shots and takes charges. Very few people do that. And he does it already. He doesn't have to learn to do that. He does that already, and I think that that's a quality in sacrificing his body, and I think that he just has to learn our pick-and-roll coverages, and I think he'll be a terrific defender. ... Fab has played a lot of zone in college, so he's good at the rim and he's good at taking charges and those are things that he's done, and so now he's got to take it to another level."

Danny Ainge
Boston Celtics GM

Fab getting x-rays

Apparently, my post responding to Igor's was taken down. I'll ask: why can Igor call JB "old and lazy" w/o penalty, while my describing how I feel when Igor posts such biased drivel is erased?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom