Danny Scahyes JD high school coach dies | Syracusefan.com

Danny Scahyes JD high school coach dies

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
14298454-mmmain.jpg

James 'Duke' McGrath also used to do color on high school games as well as promote summer programs at Golden Valley. Orange Onions attended when he was 12 called home after a week and wanted to stay one more week. He witnessed the Pearl lose a one-on-one to a high school kid.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/legendary_high_school_basketball_coach.html

and also my dad's. He played with Danny for 2 years I believe.

Believe it or not, I don't have his autograph. But my dad is connected with him on LinkedIn

And mine.

Always used to run into him occasionally at Hullar's on visits home.

Good man.

He was a legend. He was my high school guidance counselor. He coached for Ham and Dorsey levens when I was in school. That '90 Ham team was good. Caldwell, levens, Reid, lovette, and Danny white. But our red rams beat em in the section 3 championship at lpool. I still have the game on VHS!

Sad part was when Bernard blunt stole mr. Mcgraths checks and was busted trying to cash them. That added a little intensity to the rivalry

He was a legend. He was my high school guidance counselor. He coached for Ham and Dorsey levens when I was in school. That '90 Ham team was good. Caldwell, levens, Reid, lovette, and Danny white. But our red rams beat em in the section 3 championship at lpool. I still have the game on VHS!

Sad part was when Bernard blunt stole mr. Mcgraths checks and was busted trying to cash them. That added a little intensity to the rivalry

Duke was a good person and great coach. The section 3 champ game at Liverpool between Blunt and Levens was crazy. Then riding the school buses down to Herkimer for states and to watch Bernard go off. He was a beast., still would have liked him in orange. That was the first of many titles for our red rams.

Duke was a good person and great coach. The section 3 champ game at Liverpool between Blunt and Levens was crazy. Then riding the school buses down to Herkimer for states and to watch Bernard go off. He was a beast., still would have liked him in orange. That was the first of many titles for our red rams.
I just remembered, that classic Nottingham game was the year before in '89. We went to Herkimer like you said, but lost to Gloversville and Chris Ciaccio. I remember there was a fight in that game.

The following year in '90 we won our first state title