Class of 2021 - Dante Kulas (ON) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 Dante Kulas (ON) Attack

Didn’t find any tapes of him. There is a video of him in a box game with a goal but that video is like 45 minutes long.

Not sure what to make of him. Didn't have many goals in the highlights I watched, only a goal here and there. He's #6.

Nice to see the coaches get a commit so early in the process, especially with the uncertainty in the coaching ranks. Hard to evaluate, and the stats that Xanders references look to be from an indoor season, so it's hard to gauge what kind of player Kulas will be. Regardless it seems like a good sign the coaches are being aggressive early.

1572546299739.png

Makes sense with the attack commits in the 2020 class its going to be an uphill battle for PT for Kulas. Hopefully he finds a good spot for himself.

Kinda doubt playing time is the reason. We need attack recruits for every class and for this one we have literally zero. If he was committed to Duke I would understand. Honestly it is hilarious how common decommits are for us. Mindblowing really. Dude just committed two months ago!

Kinda doubt playing time is the reason. We need attack recruits for every class and for this one we have literally zero. If he was committed to Duke I would understand. Honestly it is hilarious how common decommits are for us. Mindblowing really. Dude just committed two months ago!

Well I certainly can't say with 100% certainty the exact reason but in between the two months after his initial commit the only real change is SU getting the #3 overall recruit (an attackmen) in the 2020 class. I think he may have looked at what SU has at attack and said I want to see the field sooner and opened things up. I certainly wish he had stayed but I can see why he might want to re-open as well. I do agree that we need (really need) to get some offensive players in this class. Its still real early but its still troubling.

Well I certainly can't say with 100% certainty the exact reason but in between the two months after his initial commit the only real change is SU getting the #3 overall recruit (an attackmen) in the 2020 class. I think he may have looked at what SU has at attack and said I want to see the field sooner and opened things up. I certainly wish he had stayed but I can see why he might want to re-open as well. I do agree that we need (really need) to get some offensive players in this class. Its still real early but its still troubling.

Yeah I am definitely hoping for a flip revenge tour for the 2021 class where we are the robber barons. A final four run this year could be crucial for showing that the program has turned a corner from the 2018 slump followed by the 2020 decommits.

Yeah I am definitely hoping for a flip revenge tour for the 2021 class where we are the robber barons. A final four run this year could be crucial for showing that the program has turned a corner from the 2018 slump followed by the 2020 decommits.

Agreed, I also think some of these kids who committed early like the Duke dream team might start having second thoughts once they think about it. SU had also done an under the radar job flipping recruits when needed. Birtwistle, Savage, Drago and Hiltz were all flips and even guys currently on the team like Dordevic were also flips. It goes a bit under the radar because we unfortunately have had many flips ourselves and more high profile ones unfortunately. Still we have brought in some quality guys all the ones I mentioned are 4 star level players with Hiltz clearly being a 5 star UA. The upstate class for 2021 isn't overly strong so SU will need to spread out to get some players but I am hopefully that by Christmas we will have 4 or 5 additional players in the fold and by the spring we will see a few flips.

and now more on Kulas with Xanders calling us out for no offensive recruit...paint me worried.

Ty Xanders Retweeted Ty Xanders

To clarify, Kulas decided back in November 2018 but didn't announce until 9/1, so this wasn't a two-month long commitment. This leaves @CuseMLAX with no offensive players in its '21 class heading into the fall recruiting window. (Yes, I just quote tweeted my own RT of my RT.)

Since 2018 rough season/ 2020 decommit fiasco we have:

- Put together an excellent regular season in 2019, garnering recognition from many of the naysayers and pundits who were writing us off
- Got one of the most promising freshman in the nation to transfer here and break out #22 again for him
- Hired a promising young OC to revamp the program's recruiting
- That OC then flips one of the absolute best players in the class of 2020 to Cuse, who Carcaterra, one of the most prominent figures in the sport, claims will be the next Mike Powell
- People put us as high as the top 5 in preseason rankings for next year

Surely the 2021 class must be filling up right? Nahhh actually the best guy in the class just left...to 8-8 Hopkins... the only offensive guy you had left too... the life of a Cuse lax fan eh boys?

Since 2018 rough season/ 2020 decommit fiasco we have:

- Put together an excellent regular season in 2019, garnering recognition from many of the naysayers and pundits who were writing us off
- Got one of the most promising freshman in the nation to transfer here and break out #22 again for him
- Hired a promising young OC to revamp the program's recruiting
- That OC then flips one of the absolute best players in the class of 2020 to Cuse, who Carcaterra, one of the most prominent figures in the sport, claims will be the next Mike Powell
- People put us as high as the top 5 in preseason rankings for next year

Surely the 2021 class must be filling up right? Nahhh actually the best guy in the class just left...to 8-8 Hopkins... the only offensive guy you had left too... the life of a Cuse lax fan eh boys?

If I wasn't here to witness it I wouldn't believe it. It's amazing how things can go the exact opposite of what you expect. Hopefully when the 2020 season starts we look back on this and laugh with how the class is shaping up, I don't want to think of the alternative.

and now more on Kulas with Xanders calling us out for no offensive recruit...paint me worried.

Ty Xanders Retweeted Ty Xanders

To clarify, Kulas decided back in November 2018 but didn't announce until 9/1, so this wasn't a two-month long commitment. This leaves @CuseMLAX with no offensive players in its '21 class heading into the fall recruiting window. (Yes, I just quote tweeted my own RT of my RT.)

No idea how good a player Kulas is, and I wonder if Xander's has ever had the opportunity to evaluate him (there is not film I can find online). Strikes me that he made up his mind a year ago, way before the March hire. Maybe because he wasn't recruited by March, that might have played a role in things?

What's hard about this is all the speculating we are left to do since we hardly ever get real information about these flips. I think Hay and Gaudet were the only ones who really offered up reasons and only because local media asked them about it. I think Jeremy is probably on to something, the staff seems to have no problem getting big classes on campus and letting them fight it out for playing time, but some kids shy away from that (Hay pointed out that was a reason he decommited).

Xanders is not the end all, be all when it comes to this stuff. I still think they'll get some good players out of this class. On the most recent recruiting pod, Xanders said he thought the Hiltz commit would lead to more kids signing with the Orange, a kind of trickle down effect. I am hoping that comes to fruition soon.

2021 flips we can deal with.

Just can't lose anymore 2020 kids right before signing day.

Signing day is like less then two weeks away, I would have to think any flip now would be way out of left field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom