Dare I dream of Penn State? | Syracusefan.com

Dare I dream of Penn State?

zibby

Starter
Remember the eastern all sports conference you wanted, Lions? It's forming now. You can have it and exposure to southeastern recruits and d00k and UNC hoops playing in your barn.

Bonus: Adding tPSU would completely shut out Storz State, Jersey State or maybe even both.

Really interesting to read their board. A lot of them want it to happen.

Work your magic, Swofford.

Remember the eastern all sports conference you wanted, Lions? It's forming now. You can have it and exposure to southeastern recruits and d00k and UNC hoops playing in your barn.

Bonus: Adding tPSU would completely shut out Storz State, Jersey State or maybe even both.

link to there board plz

they have never had the success they thought they would in the B1G...

but the money is right...

depends what is more important, and what vision they have for the future...

they have never had the success they thought they would in the B1G...

but the money is right...

depends what is more important, and what vision they have for the future...
well i know penn st has felt i little outa place in the B1G so maybe they would be interested

That was an interesting read on their board... But then again what does our opinion matter... we are just the fans..:)

It's just fans posting on a message board. I doubt the President of Penn State is giving this much, if any, thought at all.

Must be killing JoePa though. :p

Cheers,
Neil

It's just fans posting on a message board. I doubt the President of Penn State is giving this much, if any, thought at all.

Must be killing JoePa though. :p

Cheers,
Neil

Plus, I'd have to think if you polled the under 40 Penn State fanbase it'd be overwhelingly pro Big Ten. I mean they've been in that league for 20 years. It's all a big chunk of their fanbase knows.

Plus, I'd have to think if you polled the under 40 Penn State fanbase it'd be overwhelingly pro Big Ten. I mean they've been in that league for 20 years. It's all a big chunk of their fanbase knows.

True. But PSU alum, like SU's alum tend to migrate to the ACC states, Texas, and Cali. So I would think a lot of them would prefer the Nits were in the ACC now just so they could see the games in person, even though they grew up watching them play Big Ten teams.

Cheers,
Neil

That is interesting. I live in PA and have witnessed the days when PSU was an eastern independent playing both a regional and intersectional opponents. Early after the move to the Big 10 they had success almost dominating for a few years but that has not been the case for quite some time.

I think most here consider the overall Big 10 to be a boring brand of football with not much rivalry emotion for the majority of the schedule. The exceptions are the Michigan and OSU games which are indeed big time games. Mich State is the appointed rivalry but only the league front office considers it a rivalry. The fans certainly don't. The aforementioned intersectional battles with ND, Alabama, Miami, Nebraska plus an Eastern seaboard schedule was much more fun for fans. It is why Alabama was scheduled for a home and home.

Geographically it is the Eastern outlier which certainly has diminished greatly the idea of travelling to away games. This comes across loud and clear on their message board. This is why Joe was hoping for an Eastern expansion in the last go around.

The Big 10 would be a very poor geographical fit for SU for the same reasons. The expanded ACC will be more reasonable for travel for those who wish to. Over the years I have been to a number of ACC venues which I have found to be very pleasant. Each to his own, but I would rather be at a game at Wake Forest than Columbus.

For PSU , the Big 10 is important for money and the presumably the research affiliation. Other than those 2 minor issues PSU would probably rather be in the expanded ACC for multiple reasons.

But, unless some truly earth shattering event happened there is no way they are going to the ACC. It will not happen so everyone should forget about it. IMO the odds are better of snagging ND as remote as that possibility is. PSU is locked into the Big 10 because of money...period.

But if Penn State and ND could somehow be coaxed to the ACC, their brand new TV contract would get reworked in a minute. They would dominate television viewing for college football on the East Coast. The $$ difference might not be that great.

Have to wonder if tPSU will be able to get games on the east coast if they stay in the B1G. This might be leading to cupcake-only OOC games.

Syracuse @ Penn State doesn't make any money for the future ACC Network and Penn State @ Syracuse doesn't make any money for the Big Ten Network. But Akron @ Penn State and Toledo @ Syracuse makes money for both networks.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see 10 conference games and the OOC consisting of only two cupcake home games. That would give the conferences TV control of every game every team in the conference plays.

Penn State and Notre Dame makes it a grand slam. UCONN and Notre Dame is still out of the park.

The odds the ACC lands PSU? About the same as SU landing RB Keith Marshall.