Dare I point out a few positives? | Syracusefan.com

Dare I point out a few positives?

florange44

Scout Team
Rough game, we were never in it, but I managed to see a few positives. I hope it’s not just my orange colored glasses.

1) I thought the online actually was semi functional. More holes today, still small but better than the last few weeks.

2) I thought the coaches simplified the offense for tommy and it worked at times. Many more quick passes than previous weeks.

3) I thought tommy ran better today. I think he must be feeling a bit better. Either that or he said screw it, I’m running anyway.

4) iffy played well and stopped several passes his way.

5) (I’m reaching now). We had the @#$&* double pass stuffed this time. Not fooled. Unfortunately, we were a half step slow 3 times on the play and they made a big play out of it.

I’ve got lots of negatives too, but I’m saving those for another day.

Florange44

Rough game, we were never in it, but I managed to see a few positives. I hope it’s not just my orange colored glasses.

1) I thought the online actually was semi functional. More holes today, still small but better than the last few weeks.

2) I thought the coaches simplified the offense for tommy and it worked at times. Many more quick passes than previous weeks.

3) I thought tommy ran better today. I think he must be feeling a bit better. Either that or he said screw it, I’m running anyway.

5) (I’m reaching now). We had the @#$&* double pass stuffed this time. Not fooled. Unfortunately, we were a half step slow 3 times on the play and they made a big play out of it.

Florange44
This team has unraveled. Its one thing to be beat but the lack of effort and passion was really sad to see. The worst thing about this team is the lack of discipline. Penalties, missed assignments are a lack of focus and that is on the coaches. Something is seriously wrong with this team and staff. The wheels have come off.

tommy gotta slide. i don't want him taking hits down field unless its near the marker.

This team has unraveled. Its one thing to be beat but the lack of effort and passion was really sad to see. The worst thing about this team is the lack of discipline. Penalties, missed assignments are a lack of focus and that is on the coaches. Something is seriously wrong with this team and staff. The wheels have come off.
False Start U.

Florange44
tommy did run better today. first play should have been draw or screen. if BABERS has not guessed yet, EVERYONE IS COMING TO RUSH!!!

Iffy got burned multiple times
Corners are going to get burned on occasion, but the play where he ran away from the fsu rb showed me a lot, was he afraid to make a tackle?? Our defense needs to attack, not wait for plays to happen and then attack the ball carrier. This is on the coaches. We have some talent on defense but this scheme handcuffs some of it.

BC is getting steamrolled. Hopefully that’s a positive for next week.

dillon is gonna go for 150 next week. if effort has checked out we won’t compete w a physical bc team.

dillon is gonna go for 150 next week. if effort has checked out we won’t compete w a physical bc team.

We know exactly what BC is going to do. They’re passing game will be vanilla, it’s going to be all physical run game. If we can’t stop it then we’ve either checked out or defense is a bigger problem than anyone wants to believe.

As bad as yesterday was, we should beat BC in the Dome. What happens beyond that is much harder.

I said it before, 3 win seasons are something that only happens with our least memorable recent coaches. The good ones always won at least 4 in their worst seasons. And this was an easy schedule.

One thing I've noticed, BC knows how to pass over the middle.

Valiant effort florange44. You tried to float a couple positives from yersterday but were buried by the Board in negatives. Better luck next time.

tommy gotta slide. i don't want him taking hits down field unless its near the marker.
I think he may have wanted to prove a point but the time to be tough expires games ago when it may have mattered

The lack of effort and passion has been a huge problem all season. Maryland being the most glaring and early example. The chemistry on this team is garbage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom