Darius Kelly: Holder | Syracusefan.com

Darius Kelly: Holder

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Kelly apparently ran back a FG goal fake during practice. I don't know if this is a psychology thing or what, but the idea of Kelly very publicly holding kicks is growing on me.

A guy who is athletic enough to make a play as a holder is someone who has to be respected, which means the defense is less likely to all-out rush the kick. And with our shaky kicking situation, that's no shame.

I absolutely love the idea as well. As per our updaters Norton has been striking them well though, which is awesome

Kelly apparently ran back a FG goal fake during practice. I don't know if this is a psychology thing or what, but the idea of Kelly very publicly holding kicks is growing on me.

A guy who is athletic enough to make a play as a holder is someone who has to be respected, which means the defense is less likely to all-out rush the kick. And with our shaky kicking situation, that's no shame.
Love this move x 1000. Estime and Kelly as dynamic playmakers in kicking situations. Plus we know that we've thrown out of the FG set as well. If nothing else, opponents have to practice against it. And if it slows them down a tad on the rush, all the better - especially without a blue chip kicker this year.

So the staff knows the media can only be present during the first 25 minutes of practice and twice they run fake FG's. Hmmm. I'm gonna go out on a huge limb and suggest that's not an accident and the mention of said fakes is not going to disappoint anyone up at Manley.

Its good to let other's know that we have a great athlete as a holder...

Usually the backup qb is the holder because the rest of the athletes are practicing in their positions during practice. If Kelly can do it without missing time at safety then let's roll with him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom