DART | Syracusefan.com

DART

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
As a coach - I absolutely love the concept of what DART has the potential to stand for.

Detail. Accountability. Relentless. Tough.

I said this on Twitter tonight. When the first two letters of DART are detail/accountability - as a coaching staff, you better practice what you preach.

Our special teams has SUCKED because of we flat out lack being detail oriented. Matching scheme. Falling for basic stunts on the line. This should be easily avoidable. There needs to be some accountability with out special teams coordinator immediately. If everything you preach is DART and the head man isn’t following it - the culture will start to laugh at it.

Now let’s talk about the defense. Those that know me know I’m a former DCoordinator. I know HCFB laughed at the gtech coach about suggesting we lack toughness. WE LACK TOUGHNESS. The amount of arm tackles in our secondary is absurd. To watch a DB turn and run with a WR when the QB is already five yards beyond the LOS. To see Perry control the point of contact and our LBs just overrun the play. We need to tighten up immediately. We are wasting a great offensive scheme with the best QB we’ve had in years.

Crazy game. Fun and infuriating at the same time. McCord and Allen carried this team tonight, especially Allen who would just not give up on couple of crucial plays down the stretch. Still lots of work to do but we gutted one out tonight. Grats to the players and fans that made the journey.

Like I said I am baffled by the lack of adjustments by our defensive staff. And completely baffled as to why we didn’t bring in some linebackers. Outside of Wax everyone else doesn’t even look P5 quality

Love that we won. Winning ugly is tough. This team could be a very, very good team. I’m not going to be okay with zero adjustments that don’t allow them to reach their potential.

The bend/don’t break strategies of playing your corners 10-12 yards off doesn’t play to this teams strength. A majority of our turnovers have come off off blitzes and pressure and allowing our secondary to anticipate.

I’m not going to be okay with our back 7 failing to display a proper CMA when playing zone defense. Things like that are all in the DETAIL. I am so happy Fran Brown is our coach. But some things need to be tightened up. Being a first time head coach is hard. Now’s the time to start letting the learning dictate how you prepare and adjust.

As a coach - I absolutely love the concept of what DART has the potential to stand for.

I said this on Twitter tonight. When the first two letters of DART are detail/accountability - as a coaching staff, you better practice what you preach.

Our special teams has SUCKED because of we flat out lack being detail oriented. Matching scheme. Falling for basic stunts on the line. This should be easily avoidable. There needs to be some accountability with out special teams coordinator immediately. If everything you preach is DART and the head man isn’t following it - the culture will start to laugh at it.

Now let’s talk about the defense. Those that know me know I’m a former DCoordinator. I know HCFB laughed at the gtech coach about suggesting we lack toughness. WE LACK TOUGHNESS. The amount of arm tackles in our secondary is absurd. To watch a DB turn and run with a WR when the QB is already five yards beyond the LOS. To see Perry control the point of contact and our LBs just overrun the play. We need to tighten up immediately. We are wasting a great offensive scheme with the best QB we’ve had in years.

Great post and I like that you specifically pointed out examples

Need HCFB to hold his staff accountable and get these mistakes cleaned up.

Great win tonight but lots to work on

100%.

As a former DC, how would you improve tackling?

Toughness?

Honestly, I expected Fran to turn us into a good tackling team. That is what detailed & relentless are for.

I've been shocked at how soft & bad at tackling the D has been. Every team has had better tacklers than us.

100%.

As a former DC, how would you improve tackling?

Toughness?

Honestly, I expected Fran to turn us into a good tackling team. That is what detailed & relentless are for.

I've been shocked at how soft & bad at tackling the D has been. Every team has had better tacklers than us.

I think good tackling comes from good positioning. It is easy to say that they need more live hitting in practice. If you’re overthinking and a step-behind your progression, then your angle into the ball carrier is going to be limited. The one thing that can help here is learning how to wrap up and roll properly.

It’s also important (football is a team sport). Every individual player on that 11 man defense has a job. For the defense to remarkable - every defender needs to do their job and do it well. I could be playing LB, read the play perfectly, only to have my teammate out of position and now there’s a huge gap and I have to react, and now my tackling lane is altered; etcetera. It looks to me that there’s an awful lot of thinking going on. This is everyone’s first year in this scheme (minus Diggs). Maybe that’s why he looks like a stud. He’s more reacting and fluid.

I would love to be a fly on the wall observing practices and film sessions

Love that we won. Winning ugly is tough. This team could be a very, very good team. I’m not going to be okay with zero adjustments that don’t allow them to reach their potential.

The bend/don’t break strategies of playing your corners 10-12 yards off doesn’t play to this teams strength. A majority of our turnovers have come off off blitzes and pressure and allowing our secondary to anticipate.

I’m not going to be okay with our back 7 failing to display a proper CMA when playing zone defense. Things like that are all in the DETAIL. I am so happy Fran Brown is our coach. But some things need to be tightened up. Being a first time head coach is hard. Now’s the time to start letting the learning dictate how you prepare and adjust.
Ok so in my thought process i think E Rob doesnt trust our corners to play tight man yet. why we are SOFT zone 99% of the time. Trying to not give up big play while hoping we score more. I 1000% agree with more pressure.

Hasnt it been said we have done more live hitting in practice than ever?

I think the issue is we lack speed so we are chasing thus never really get to attack on D

Wrapping up is basic pop Warner stuff.

the D gave up 10 second half points and the 3 in OT. Not bad I’ll sure take it, but, The missed tackles are resulting in the big plays they’re giving up. Need to put a shoulder in and wrap.

Hasnt it been said we have done more live hitting in practice than ever?

I think the issue is we lack speed so we are chasing thus never really get to attack on D
I think our pursuit & angles and technique at the point of attack are terrible. Might just need better players, but some of it can be learned.

Ok so in my thought process i think E Rob doesnt trust our corners to play tight man yet. why we are SOFT zone 99% of the time. Trying to not give up big play while hoping we score more. I 1000% agree with more pressure.
Ok, i get soft zone, but their WRs were getting the ball 10 yards down the field with no defender within 5 yards at least. This has been a problem for many years now, can't really blame the DC, i guess that's more on the quality of the defenders.

Ok, i get soft zone, but their WRs were getting the ball 10 yards down the field with no defender within 5 yards at least. This has been a problem for many years now, can't really blame the DC, i guess that's more on the quality of the defenders.
Your right and i honestly have no answer. i get a few yards but What.

Your right and i honestly have no answer. i get a few yards but What.
I GET it but we aren’t playing like Payton Manning here. Unlv’s qb couldn’t throw a deep ball with any consistency the 2 times he did. He could throw a 8-10 yard out to a wide open guy.

Still the 3 man rush did its job in the OT. Still rough to watch

yayayaya and ya ya, anything good, OT?

the D gave up 10 second half points and the 3 in OT. Not bad I’ll sure take it, but, The missed tackles are resulting in the big plays they’re giving up. Need to put a shoulder in and wrap.

They only have up 10 in the second half because our special teams wasn’t letting UNLVs offense on the field

We only have up so few points because we dominated time of possession. Had we sputtered more, UNLV would’ve had more plays to score and probably would’ve.

Also, we still can’t run the ball effectively enough. It’s going to bite us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom