Daryl Hall gets restraining order against John Oates in Hall & Oates legal battle | Syracusefan.com

Daryl Hall gets restraining order against John Oates in Hall & Oates legal battle

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
The world is upside down. I'm not really a fan of Hall and Oates but this is unexpected news

Hall & Oates are embroiled in a confidential legal battle that has led to Daryl Hall getting a restraining order against his former music partner John Oates...

As TMZ points out, Hall disparaged Oates on Bill Maher’s “Club Random” podcast last year, saying, “You think John Oates is my partner? ... He’s my business partner. He’s not my creative partner.”

He went on, “John and I are brothers, but we are not creative brothers. We are business partners. We made records called Hall & Oates together, but we’ve always been very separate, and that’s a really important thing for me.”

Hall then went on to diminish the collaborative aspect of Hall & Oates, using the duo’s 1980 No. 1 hit “Kiss on My List” as an example of their apparent creative separation. “I did all those [harmonies],” Hall said. “That’s all me.” Oates is not credited as a songwriter on “Kiss on My List,” but is listed as a co-producer with Hall."

I saw them open for Carly Simon. Great show. Very entertaining.

Saw them in Canadauiga a couple of years ago. Great show. But there was absolutely no, and I mean NO, chemistry or conversation between them….at all. When the show was over, one exited stage left, the other stage right. Very obvious

anyone with ears knew Daryl Hall was the talent in that duo. never a big fan of the band but i used to enjoy the music on "live from daryl's house" . sorry oates but your "partner"... HE GONE.