Dash Riley | Syracusefan.com

Dash Riley

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Wonder how the crowd reacts to him tonight, and how many times he will get his shot blocked by our beasts.

Will be a small crowd, will be surprised to hear much of anything for a monday night yawner.

Wonder how the crowd reacts to him tonight, and how many times he will get his shot blocked by our beasts.
does he still suck? I haven't seen him play in a while.

Why would anyone have negative feelings toward Riley? First of all, he chose SU over Georgetown! Once he realized that he wasn't going to play and was being recruited over, he transfered. That opened up a scholarship and helped to clear the roster for DaJuan Coleman. He went back to his hometown to play for Rob Murphy, whom he was close with. I don't see any reason to boo the kid.

Why would anyone have negative feelings toward Riley? First of all, he chose SU over Georgetown! Once he realized that he wasn't going to play and was being recruited over, he transfered. That opened up a scholarship and helped to clear the roster for DaJuan Coleman. He went back to his hometown to play for Rob Murphy, whom he was close with. I don't see any reason to boo the kid.
He might be referring to Riley's remark after the Bernie Fine allegations. He said something like "glad I'm not there anymore" jokingly on twitter. Don't have proof of it, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading it. I honestly don't think there will be much reaction.

Is this the first time SU will face a player who transferred out of the program? There've been a dozen or so guys who went elsewhere in the JB era but I can't remember any of them going up against the Orange after leaving.

Is this the first time SU will face a player who transferred out of the program? There've been a dozen or so guys who went elsewhere in the JB era but I can't remember any of them going up against the Orange after leaving.

Earl Duncan and Keith Hughes at Rutgers.

Why did you assume anything negative? He doesnt deserve any boo's because he wasnt good enough to play here.

He also wanted to be closer to home and didn't he say that someone in his family was ill and wanted to be closer to them?

Did we play against Sekunda at Penn State? Or am I mis-remembering that?

I would imagine about 13% of the fanbase knows who Dash Riley is...on a good day.

Did Tony Bland come back to play against us? Why am i remembering that?

Did Tony Bland come back to play against us? Why am i remembering that?

Tony Bland coached against SU in the season opener.

I am assuming the average fan probably forgot about him.
That's my first thought. How many people, particularly in the student section, will actually realize/remember he played at SU?

That's my first thought. How many people, particularly in the student section, will actually realize/remember he played at SU?
I thought ESPNU was headlining the game in their promo's "Dash Riley takes on his former team Monday Night". Was I dreaming ?

I thought ESPNU was headlining the game in their promo's "Dash Riley takes on his former team Monday Night". Was I dreaming ?
I don't know if you were dreaming, but thank you for reminding me the game is on ESPNU. I had completely forgotten and assumed I'd have to follow along via GameCast and Twitter.

The students might remember him more than the average fan. I'm sure many followed him on Facebook and Twitter. Not sure if he still is, but at one time he was a very proficient tweeter.

Dash Riley's biggest splash at SU was when his mom took to the message board to defend his honor. Then he played a few mins against Butler... then he left. Not really much for these fickle students to recall...certainly not enough to boo him.

Rock Lloyd when he was at Long Beach st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom