Dash Riley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dash Riley

For those negative comments about Dash ... great big boos to you all. :mad: Kid was a good kid here. Sustained an injury that sidelined him for a year. Saw no pt coming his way. Wanted to be closer to home, etc. I'm glad he went to Murph and has a great career there. Personally I think he did a credible job last night. Good for you Dash.

That's my first thought. How many people, particularly in the student section, will actually realize/remember he played at SU?
with really high socks wearing number 4

with really high socks wearing number 4
I'm not sure what that had to do with my post since I was talking about Dash and not Bland, but ok!

riley's a good example why it's not evil to suggest players transfer. i'm glad he's getting to play

Rock Lloyd when he was at Long Beach st.

Don't think we played them when he was there.

He who ruined the 1990 season by tranferring to Rutgers is the only example I can think of.

riley's a good example why it's not evil to suggest players transfer. i'm glad he's getting to play

Yep..he can be a BMOC somewhere...which is better than pulling splinters at SU.

I boo'd him for his play in the 2010 NCAA tourney... not his fault -- he wasn't ready and was given no chance during the season, but I am just a bad person.

I boo'd him for his play in the 2010 NCAA tourney... not his fault -- he wasn't ready and was given no chance during the season, but I am just a bad person.

He was better than Rick Jackson toward the end of that Butler game...just saying, not saying..

He was better than Rick Jackson toward the end of that Butler game...just saying, not saying..

Yes. Riley played quite well against Butler. Had a positive plus-minus and a stronger performance than Jackson did.

Have no idea how someone got the idea that he had a bad game. Funny how these myths take hold.

Yes. Riley played quite well against Butler. Had a positive plus-minus and a stronger performance than Jackson did.

Have no idea how someone got the idea that he had a bad game. Funny how these myths take hold.

Sometimes its just fun to go along with a narrative. "Lebron James isn't good in the 4th quarter"... its fun to hate...

It's also funny how having such low expectations for a player blurs one's ability to assess or affects ones "narrative".

It's also funny how having such low expectations for a player blurs one's ability to assess or affects ones "narrative".

He played well; not sure what you mean by that.

My point was that the fanbase expectations for Dash were so low after his first few appearances, that it didn't take much to be satisfied (i.e low expectations affecting one's assessment or narrative). I didn't think he played well that game, but didn't expect him too either. I made a pretty innocent comment in good fun, and to be called a hater and poster with a narratvie, bothers me because I am generally very positive about this team.

Anyway, I have no interest in getting into a discussion or argument on Dash Riley of all people.

I am a fan of the Toronto Raptors, who have been stuck with Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Bryan Colangelo forever. I know what it is to hate a team you like and be a "hater".

My point was that the fanbase expectations for Dash were so low after his first few appearances, that it didn't take much to be satisfied (i.e low expectations affecting one's assessment or narrative). I didn't think he played well that game, but didn't expect him too either. I made a pretty innocent comment in good fun, and to be called a hater and poster with a narratvie, bothers me because I am generally very positive about this team.

Anyway, I have no interest in getting into a discussion or argument on Dash Riley of all people.

I am a fan of the Toronto Raptors, who have been stuck with Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Bryan Colangelo forever. I know what it is to hate a team you like and be a "hater".

Gotcha, no worries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom