Dave O'Brien and Doris Burke at the mics next Wednesday.*** | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dave O'Brien and Doris Burke at the mics next Wednesday.***

Exactly. There's certainly worse broadcasters than Doris Burke. She does her homework and is prepared. People complain that certain broadcasters never say anything good about Syracuse, yet Doris praises the team and people still hate on her. I understand not everyone will like her, but people need to get over it. ESPN thinks she's good enough and she continues to be put on high profile games so people need to just let it go.

Well to be fair the guys who "never say anything good about Syracuse" are not coincidentally, never doing the games. Even Seth Davis would be praising JB if he were doing the broadcast; just as Mike Patrick now does - who came across as a shameless ACC homer when he was doing their games exclusively.
I don't really have a problem w/ her fwiw; although my standards are pretty low since I've given up on announcers in general.

I can not stand those two when they are announcing a Puke game; really makes me want to throw-up. I usually have to put my TV on mute or turn the volume really low so I won't have to listen to them. They would not stop singing the praises of coach "Rat" and Parker the whole game.

ESPN puts those two on Dook games because they are Pukes biggest suckups. You should have heard them talking about the Syracuse-Puke game during the Puke-BC game and how they both felt that the Rak block on Hood was definitely a foul.

I cannot stand the pitch and the pick.

Last edited:
690W is somewhere crying his eyes out...at you meanies.

Doris is somewhere in the MOR for color commentators...she at least pronounces our guys names correctly.

Please somebody please steal her plane ticket. She has to be in the bottom 10 of color announcers.

Doris kissed Pitt's @ss last time.
She did, and I'm not looking forward to hearing her drone on about about Pitt's defense (after our last game with them, Duke lit them up at the Pete). We could use some of that reverse Doris-Karma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom