Dave r | Syracusefan.com

Dave r

Life is so not fair. I like Dave as I do my brother, but this is SO not right.
Soon. Soon. Soon.
In the meantime, of course I love the hire. Scott has the core values I admire in a coach. I'm old-fashioned in that regard. Just win, baby, is not part of my philosophy, at least not at the high school and college levels (the NFL is obviously another story). I feel SU was very, very fortunate to have Scott on staff when DM departed because the timing of such moves really stinks. Scott is a stern taskmaster but genuinely believes his mission as a college coach is to produce solid citizens capable of being successful in life outside of football. We tend to forget where a lot of these kids come from and the hurdles they face when they first arrive. Scott doesn't. He really gets it. As an X's and O's guy he has it all down. I think he learned a lot from DM, too, in terms of how DM would attack his defense and what counter moves he could make to keep it fresh. And folks should know he was a college QB and an offensive graduate assistant coach before moving to the other side of the ball, so it's not as if he is clueless when it comes to O. His players love him as far as I can tell, and they certainly love his defensive philosophy. I think he'll do well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom