David Glenn | Syracusefan.com

David Glenn

omniorange

All Conference
Don't know about you, but I'll be following David Glenn tweets for a while. He's the one who broke the SU/Pitt story a few days before it happened. At that time it was actually Texas/SU, but the asking of Texas was mostly obligatory, and he said that once Texas declined it would be SU/Pitt.

Anyway:

David Glenn Show @DavidGlennShow
On air & talking Maryland leaving the ACC. DG says ACC has plans in the works--1st: debate of L'ville/UConn to speed up. Others considered

Not anything earth shattering yet.

Cheers,
Neil

David Glenn Show @DavidGlennShow
DG: ACC already has plan in place. Schools lining up hoping to be considered for membership. League will be very selective with invitations.

Concede to FSU and Clemson regarding Louisville if that's what (me too) they want but Louisville has to increase their academics as well.

If UConn is selected FSU and Clemson are out of the ACC quicker than poop through a goose unless there is a phase two we don't know about.

Concede to FSU and Clemson regarding Louisville if that's what (me too) they want but Louisville has to increase their academics as well.

If UConn is selected FSU and Clemson are out of the ACC quicker than poop through a goose unless there is a phase two we don't know about.
There was a cryptic comment in one of the threads yesterday (maybe from arb?) about taking a school that had a commitment to improving academics. If that is the case, Lousiville is a no-brainer, assuming no one else from BCS conferences is willing to jump.

There was a cryptic comment in one of the threads yesterday (maybe from arb?) about taking a school that had a commitment to improving academics. If that is the case, Lousiville is a no-brainer, assuming no one else from BCS conferences is willing to jump.

Heck they let FSU in the conference in the first place, how far ahead are they than Louisville? Add to this I'd venture a guess BC would love to pull the shades down on UConn as well but I'm not sure they have that type of pull now.

would you take WVU over LVille ?

That's a tough one. I view them as about equals in FB and BB. I would probably give the edge to Ville as the state has poured a ton of money into the school over the last 10 years. Facilities are top notch. Slightly lower travel costs with WVU but not that much.

What if you took them both and add ND full time ? I'd say FSU and Clemson would be pretty happy with that.

would you take WVU over LVille ?

Interesting. Any buzz about WVU being in play? There have to be some hard feelings but if the ACC is being forced to soften its academic stance, it makes tons of sense on both sides.

I think this is exactly right. This is now about the appeasement of The football schools. Ask FSu and Clemson who they like, and go with it. Ultimately, I believe that results in the addition of Lville. If that's the result of this, we have actually upgraded the ACC from an athletic standpoint.

A couple of appropriately sketchy sources are claiming it's UConn to the ACC.

Not sure I agree with this decision...

A couple of appropriately sketchy sources are claiming it's UConn to the ACC.

Not sure I agree with this decision...

I don't at all unless the goal is to dominate the basketball world. I love football and this sucks.

uconn will become the new st johns post-calhoun. it's not like their hoops going forward (and even in recent history) is anything to get excited over.

It is my hope that the ACC is looking at B12 schools. We need to weaken them in order to protect ourselves. Also the choices are better. I did like the LV, ND & WVU idea but I think that chance has past. Would have been great for rivalries

Big XII is untouchable till Texas decides it wants to move on. THEY OWN the conference now that A&M is gone. The best we can do is ND or Louisville IMO.

I don't at all unless the goal is to dominate the basketball world. I love football and this sucks.
You could do that with UL too...but the ACC wants to dominate NYC hoops and adding UConn with Cuse/ND helps there.

I still say we are going 15/16 for now. Then 16 all if ND comes on.

Guys...please stop looking at B12 teams the GOR is pretty strong to break the next 5 years or so. Nothing happens unless Texas has an escape clause.