David Sills V | Syracusefan.com

David Sills V

sufandu

Living Legend
Does anyone else think he doesn't look like a guy that's about to be in the NFL. I don't mean athletically or skill set. Physically he looks like a freshman that hasn't been in a S&C program yet. He has this weird combination of being skinny and almost flabby. Was he unable to find the weight room in four years of college? I have to believe NFL db's will beat him up.

I think he will be a Chris Hogan type. Maybe better. He obviously has a lot of love for the game. And he is good at getting separation. That will serve him well at the next level. He is not one of those guys that are just bigger and faster than everyone. He had to perfect hia craft and find ways to get open.

When Fredrick was on him, he got handled. When Bradshaw was on him, he wasn't.
I think there were a lot of missed opportunities for him/them with that qb that played tonight. It's a little scary to think of the plays he may have made had Grier played. I would have liked to have seen Trill match up with him. I think he would've handled himself well.

Fredrick beat Sills both physically and technique wise when Sills was on his side of the field. If Fredrick isn't all-ACC next year, we might need to start some riots.

Other then when he was wide open, he did nothing. With that said, WV had a crap QB

Did anyone else think it odd (especially after he was complaining about wanting the ball) that when he caught that one pass toward the end of the game inside the red zone he kind of gave up and went out of bounds? I was expecting him to desperately try to get into the end zone as they still had a chance. It wasn't like he was trying to get out of bounds on purpose, just seemed like he gave up. Just looked weird.

Did anyone else think it odd (especially after he was complaining about wanting the ball) that when he caught that one pass toward the end of the game inside the red zone he kind of gave up and went out of bounds? I was expecting him to desperately try to get into the end zone as they still had a chance. It wasn't like he was trying to get out of bounds on purpose, just seemed like he gave up. Just looked weird.
Totally noticed that.

Couldn't break tackles or stay on his feet when he was bumped into.
That was the great thing about Mo Neal’s epic catch and run. He could have gone down several times. Whereas on the play where Sills was wide open on the busted coverage, one little touch on his ankle, and he was down in open field. The announcers kept saying WVU needed to look for him in the red zone, and I’m thinking I’m not sure he’s a red zone weapon.

Last edited:
He’s a really good receiver. I don’t think this post is made is Grier had played last night.
I said in an earlier post that the idea of Grier throwing to him scared me, so you're wrong. You clearly misunderstood my OP. I made my observation about his physical build during the coin toss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom