Day Six Fall Football Practice: Thursday 8/11/16 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Day Six Fall Football Practice: Thursday 8/11/16

How has a Burdick/Syracuse partnership not happened before? Two of the biggest entities in town.

Estime is definitely going to be one of the starting 4, unless you aren't talking about slots.

was referring to the outside, not the slot. two starters and two backups.

Right now I see the WR’s depth chart as

1) Ish/Butler

1) AT/Custis

1) Bris/Erv

Last edited:
Pretty sure that drill was for blocking a lineman and creating gaps for the LBs to shoot through. The way Emerich's shoulders were turned, it'd have been too easy to get past him and nail that guy.

You’d also have a RB protecting there. You can also say that Clarks flow takes him outside which creates a pocket to step up into. Look, it’s obviously a 1v1 drill and they both did a good job.

Pretty sure that drill was for blocking a lineman and creating gaps for the LBs to shoot through. The way Emerich's shoulders were turned, it'd have been too easy to get past him and nail that guy.
What I thought...a lb rushed in the gap

I'm not so sure you can judge Ellison in that type of drill. This was more a drill for the WR getting off the jam and the QB dropping the pass over the CB and away from the S. I doubt it's a "live" drill for Ellison. He is playing a shell coverage.

Aside from cordy, i am tired of small safeties. Cordy is ball hawk special and packs some punch, a poor mans honey badger if you will.

Aside from cordy, i am tired of small safeties. Cordy is ball hawk special and packs some punch, a poor mans honey badger if you will.

Ask any coach, the safeties in a Tampa 2 need to be studs in run support and be able to cover a lot of ground in coverage.

We will see Dino recruit bigger, taller safeties with long wing spans. It's already started.

Ask any coach, the safeties in a Tampa 2 need to be studs in run support and be able to cover a lot of ground in coverage.

We will see Dino recruit bigger, taller safeties with long wing spans. It's already started.
Exactly, Cordy is a special player. He will be out there but Ellison and R Williams plays will be limited because of their height.

As of now it looks like Ish/AT at the right WR. AC/Custis/Butler at the left.

Curious I f AT is the 2nd best wide out does he stay #2 behind Ish or does he bump over?

Was this event open to the public? If it was, they did a pizz-poor job advertising it.

Why would you care if SU has a partnership with a car dealership? They even said Babers absolutely did not speak about football and wouldn't do that until tomorrow or Saturday.

It's a dealership advertisement, nothing more.

Curious I f AT is the 2nd best wide out does he stay #2 behind Ish or does he bump over?
It's really exciting that we're going to be playing so many wide receivers that we have to ask a question usually reserved for left tackles- do you put your second best one on the opposite side of the field, or rotate him in?

It's really exciting that we're going to be playing so many wide receivers that we have to ask a question usually reserved for left tackles- do you put your second best one on the opposite side of the field, or rotate him in?
yes it is exciting

Why would you care if SU has a partnership with a car dealership? They even said Babers absolutely did not speak about football and wouldn't do that until tomorrow or Saturday.

It's a dealership advertisement, nothing more.

I only saw what was posted here. I thought there was more to it than that. Sorry for being a fan and hoping for more.