Dayton | Syracusefan.com

Dayton

jdubs30

Living Legend
I didn't see a thread on the first page about them, so does anyone know anything about the Flyers? (Marsh)

They lost to Baylor by 1 in Maui, then beat Cal by 18. They also beat GaTech and Gonzaga earlier; as well as SLU and UMass in the A10. Their schedule would imply that have had some tough tests vs. major conference teams.

If you take away their 3 games vs. St.Joe's, they haven't lost since January 25th. URI, USC and Illinois State are bad losses, but all prior to Jan. 25th.

9 guys over 13mpg with no one over 30mpg. They only have 1 player who has hit more than 44 3's this year (Siebert has 76); they shot 38% from 3 as a team,which is prettt good. They average 12 turnovers a game. They also have pretty good size. 4 guys average more than 7ppg, but no one over 13ppg.

Anyone see them a lot this year?

Haven't seen a lot of them. From what I see they battle hard all game. Athletically they seemed right on par with OSU who has some athletes. Quite a few guys handle the ball well. I think it's going to be a grinder and a tight game in the closing minutes.

I remember watching them in Maui and I was extremely impressed with them. I only saw a little bit of the first half and end of the game yesterday because I was traveling to the game but they had really good ball movement on offense. They scare me a lot more then Ohio State did.

They've got that Hoya refugee, Vee Sanford, who hit the game-winner vs OSU. They were talked up all year as a very good team, so we can't sleep on them. They're deep and come at you w/ a light press every possession- and they work hard.
Look for TE to be denied the ball, something we should be able to handle by now. What they lack in other areas, they make up for in grit and effort. Close game till the final minutes- Orange by 10.

Sibert was from OSU ... looks like he is 6'4" and hits 44% of his threes, that's gonna be a challenge right there.

They've got that Hoya refugee, Vee Sanford, who hit the game-winner vs OSU. They were talked up all year as a very good team, so we can't sleep on them. They're deep and come at you w/ a light press every possession- and they work hard.
Look for TE to be denied the ball, something we should be able to handle by now. What they lack in other areas, they make up for in grit and effort. Close game till the final minutes- Orange by 10.
Plus I felt from what I saw yesterday was that they were a pretty smart team. Their lack of turnovers might be reflective of that. Teams like this definitely scare me. I heard a few of their fans mention that they really wanted to play us in Maui and now they are happy to get that opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom