Class of 2020 - DB Aamir Hall (MD) Portal from Albany | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DB Aamir Hall (MD) Portal from Albany

Old Man Good Job GIF

Safety

If he’s a safety, that would mean in addition to Hall we apparently have at safety: Barron, Chestnut, Clark, Gould, and Grant.

Even if we’re “starting” three Safeties, there is no way we stack that much talent there.

I’m not in the know at all, but Hall seems the most logical to play at CB (which is definitely the biggest area of need on the roster currently).

Chestnut seems better suited to play Safety and it sounds like Grant has NFL potential at Safety (so I can’t see why he’d move to CB).

If not Hall, who out of that group is playing CB?

Last edited:
If he’s a safety, that would mean in addition to Hall we apparently have at safety: Barron, Chestnut, Clark, Gould, and Grant.

Even if we’re “starting” three Safeties, there is no way we stack that much talent there.

I’m not in know at all, but Hall seems the most logical to play at CB (which is definitely the biggest area of need on the roster currently).

Chestnut seems better suited to play Safety and it sounds like Grant has NFL potential at Safety (so I can’t see why he’d move to CB).

Grant has been moved to CB.

Chestnut is playing safety.

We have a lot more depth at safety than CB but I do know folks are very high on Barnes. He’s doing everything to make a run at a starting role come Sept. he will def see the field even if he doesn’t start. But we need more fast bodies at CB.

I’m not in know at all, but Hall seems the most logical to play at CB (which is definitely the biggest area of need on the roster currently).

Yeah I agree with you but allegedly that is the case.

Safety
He's a 2x AA at a lower level at CB and we need difference maker at CB and you don't think he starts there?
The only decent CBs I see on the team are Chestnut and Hall, D.Grant was a safety at UB and some here think he's a CB but I'll believe it when I see it.

If that's true then we still need 2x CBs from the portal...

Since Grant has been moved to CB, I think our best four CBs/ ones with most potential on the roster currently (in no particular order) are:

Grant
Bellamy
Delaine
Barnes

And the best four Safeties are:

Barron
Chestnut
Clark
Gould

With the addition of Hall (either at CB or Safety), I think that’s enough talent to field a solid secondary. The question is about to what positions we allocate that talent - I see a few guys who could swing to the other group and still be a + starter.

If we’re landing Hall and he’s going to Safety, we must really have a lot of in faith Barnes to be day one ready or someone else to make a big jump, because that Safety group seems much deeper and more talented than the CB group.

We have a lot more depth at safety than CB but I do know folks are very high on Barnes. He’s doing everything to make a run at a starting role come Sept. he will def see the field even if he doesn’t start. But we need more fast bodies at CB.
Interesting that we'd be moving the S transfer to CB and potential CB transfer to S

Our defense might be loaded

The stable of talent competing against eachother is going to impress a lot of top recruits. They will want to be a part of that.

Agree it seems like CB is the logical spot for him but supposedly it is safety. We shall see
If the new staff knows anything about football, it is about DB play.

If they think he is best suited to playing safety for us, I gotta believe they know what they are talking about.

Does this mean Clark is also headed to CB?

Very interesting.

Or would be nice to get formal confirmation Amir is orange sometime soon as well.

If they think he is best suited to playing safety for us, I gotta believe they know what they are talking about.

Very interesting.

Or would be nice to get formal confirmation Amir is orange sometime soon as well.
This staff might be the best we've ever had at assessing secondary skill sets. Who knows, but the measureables could support a switch: Clark is a little faster and Hall, while not as quick, is a little bigger (6-1 186 vs 6-2 195). This would help with durability since at CB Clark might not have as much run support responsibility.

Last edited:

Interesting on Grant. Prototypical pro safety size. Saw him Saturday evening and he is a legit 6’4”. If he also has lockdown corner skills he should be going to the NFL now.

Safety

Interesting on Grant. Prototypical pro safety size. Saw him Saturday evening and he is a legit 6’4”. If he also has lockdown corner skills he should be going to the NFL now.
He has to prove it on the field before he'll be drafted to do it in the NFL.

As awesome as he looked regarding range, getting pics and some nice tackles he also lunged at some tackles too soon when he was in the open field with a man coming straight at him. That scared me a bit. I like the change. It might be the best fit. Good luck getting off the line of scrimmage lining up against him.

With Grant at CB it allows Chestnut to play at safety. Probably the best spot for him as well. Gives us another safety with really good cover skills, who can tackle well and make plays on the ball.

I really like both Barnes and Ibn and think they could be ready to make significant contributions at CB midway into the season. Just a little concerned about experienced talent to start the season with Grant not having any experience playing there.

I think we'll likely have at least one CB and S out at almost all times during the season. Its football. injuries will happen. We need depth. I like our starters at safety but we seem thin considering 3 play at a time. Adding a guy like Hall make sense. Good versatility and I think he would play a lot of snaps.

Last edited:

Very interesting.

I think Brown had Clark playin CB at buttgers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom