Class of 2025 - DB Armani Cabrera (NY) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DB Armani Cabrera (NY) Offered

Amazing Athletes: Armani Cabrera is on the rise to becoming Island's next football star​

Updated Mar 04, 2019; Posted Jun 22, 2018
download-2jpg-29d6c9b136885847.jpg

Armani Cabrera with his favorite football player Minkah Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick was a first round draft pick by the Miami Dolphins in the 2018 NFL Draft.

By Gerald Kane | gkane@siadvance.com
Some say that your experiences as a youth can shape you for the rest of your life.

That's the case for Armani Cabrera and because of it, he has been able to become a successful youth athlete.

Despite just being 12-years-old, Cabrera has faced many adversities and tragedies throughout his youth.

For starters, Cabrera nearly lost his life at a young age due to a choking incident from a severe asthma condition that he was diagnosed with.

Then in 2012, he lost his grandmother who he had a close relationship with, and later lost his close friend and mentor Cesar Sanchez.

But in 2012, he overcame those adversities and tragedies when he discovered football.

And you can say it was love at first sight.

"I watched my son's heartbreak because he had a deep relationship with the both of them and looked up to them," said his mother Tyesha Thomas. "He started to play football just to take his mind off things. Every time he plays he says he's playing for his Nana and Cesar."

Cabrera played in the Staten Island Boys Football League his first two years, then moved to the Staten Island Pee Wee Football League but when the loop shut down last season he played for the Staten Island Hurricanes.

"All of those adversities in his life has made a huge impact because he already has defeated the odds," said Tyesha. "This shows that he has a purpose."

In six years of playing football, the sixth-grader at St. Peter/St. Paul saw his life completely take a turn for the better in two distinct situations.

First was when his father, Leo Cabrera, met someone named 'Brian' at a football camp and told him that Armani's favorite football player was Minkah Fitzpatrick.

This was before Fitzpatrick was a 2018 NFL first-round pick by the Miami Dolphins so 'Brian' was impressed.

It was fate and a dream come true for the youngster as he soon found himself working out with his favorite football player.

"I've been watching Fitzpatrick since he was in high school and he's been my favorite player," said Armani Cabrera. "It's crazy to see him make the league because it shows I can do it, too."

Cabrera, who plays cornerback just like his favorite player Fitzpatrick, continues to train with Fitzpatrick's father in New Jersey three times a week and the results have been rewarding to say the least.

"He always tells me he wants to be just like Minkah," said Thomas of her son. "He loves going there to train and works so hard at it."

Cabrera was invited to play in The Process All-American Game in Dallas, Texas, as one of the nation's top youth football players.

"He's worked so hard at his craft and wants to someday be an NFL cornerback," said Armani's father, Leo Cabrera. "He wants to be the next best thing to come out of Staten Island."

"He never ceases to amaze me," said Thomas of her son. "I always let him know 'only you can define you.' "

Cabrera played cornerback and safety in the All-American Game and finished with six tackles.

"It was an awesome feeling to play in that game, the greatest feeling ever," said Cabrera. "I played good but I know I can play even better next time."

Cabrera's off-the-field accomplishments are just as impressive as he was presented with UAU's Humanitarian Award by Congressman Dan Donovan.

Amazing Athletes: Armani Cabrera is on the rise to becoming Island's next football star​

Updated Mar 04, 2019; Posted Jun 22, 2018
download-2jpg-29d6c9b136885847.jpg

Armani Cabrera with his favorite football player Minkah Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick was a first round draft pick by the Miami Dolphins in the 2018 NFL Draft.

By Gerald Kane | gkane@siadvance.com
Some say that your experiences as a youth can shape you for the rest of your life.

That's the case for Armani Cabrera and because of it, he has been able to become a successful youth athlete.

Despite just being 12-years-old, Cabrera has faced many adversities and tragedies throughout his youth.

For starters, Cabrera nearly lost his life at a young age due to a choking incident from a severe asthma condition that he was diagnosed with.

Then in 2012, he lost his grandmother who he had a close relationship with, and later lost his close friend and mentor Cesar Sanchez.

But in 2012, he overcame those adversities and tragedies when he discovered football.

And you can say it was love at first sight.

"I watched my son's heartbreak because he had a deep relationship with the both of them and looked up to them," said his mother Tyesha Thomas. "He started to play football just to take his mind off things. Every time he plays he says he's playing for his Nana and Cesar."

Cabrera played in the Staten Island Boys Football League his first two years, then moved to the Staten Island Pee Wee Football League but when the loop shut down last season he played for the Staten Island Hurricanes.

"All of those adversities in his life has made a huge impact because he already has defeated the odds," said Tyesha. "This shows that he has a purpose."

In six years of playing football, the sixth-grader at St. Peter/St. Paul saw his life completely take a turn for the better in two distinct situations.

First was when his father, Leo Cabrera, met someone named 'Brian' at a football camp and told him that Armani's favorite football player was Minkah Fitzpatrick.

This was before Fitzpatrick was a 2018 NFL first-round pick by the Miami Dolphins so 'Brian' was impressed.

It was fate and a dream come true for the youngster as he soon found himself working out with his favorite football player.

"I've been watching Fitzpatrick since he was in high school and he's been my favorite player," said Armani Cabrera. "It's crazy to see him make the league because it shows I can do it, too."

Cabrera, who plays cornerback just like his favorite player Fitzpatrick, continues to train with Fitzpatrick's father in New Jersey three times a week and the results have been rewarding to say the least.

"He always tells me he wants to be just like Minkah," said Thomas of her son. "He loves going there to train and works so hard at it."

Cabrera was invited to play in The Process All-American Game in Dallas, Texas, as one of the nation's top youth football players.

"He's worked so hard at his craft and wants to someday be an NFL cornerback," said Armani's father, Leo Cabrera. "He wants to be the next best thing to come out of Staten Island."

"He never ceases to amaze me," said Thomas of her son. "I always let him know 'only you can define you.' "

Cabrera played cornerback and safety in the All-American Game and finished with six tackles.

"It was an awesome feeling to play in that game, the greatest feeling ever," said Cabrera. "I played good but I know I can play even better next time."

Cabrera's off-the-field accomplishments are just as impressive as he was presented with UAU's Humanitarian Award by Congressman Dan Donovan.
Sounds like an uphill battle already

ARMANI CABRERA STATEN ISLAND, NY SIFBL
#27 2029 FS / WR 5' 9" 140

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

11 YEARS OLD, 6TH GRADE, 7 YEARS TO DEVELOP HIMSELF PHYSICALLY AND HIS FOOTBALL SKILLS

Last edited:
UPDATE> ARMANI CABRERA 2025 DON BOSCO PREP, RAMSEY, NJ
#5 5' 11" 150/ FS, DB/ 4.7 40/ SQ 270
2CF4A705-B7C5-4F11-9A19-7C0FE2F51669.jpeg

ASSETS FRESHMAN FILM: NOTE ALL FILMS ARE :20 SEC SEGMENTS OF GAMES DIFFICULT TO GET AN EVAL FROM ONE OR TWO PLAYS:

HIGH FB IQ
VERY AGGRESSIVE
GOOD TACKLING SKILLS
100% EFFORT EVERY PLAY

DBArmani Cabrera5'11"155CanarsieNY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online