Class of 2024 - DB Braheem Long (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/20/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Braheem Long (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/20/23)

This is excellent news!

First off, this kid looks like one of the next stud DB's for us - from Camden.

It's crazy how much P5 talent that area has.

Duce gets a huge assist here -
he helped get us Clark, and it looks like the Camden > Cuse pipeline has been busted wide open now;
here's hoping it continues in perpetuity.

Every Camden kid we land makes the next one that much more likely, and equally as important, it means they aren't going to SUNJ, State Penn, or some other B1G program.
This aged well. (Free pass on the Duce assist because he committed after Duce portaled!). I like his film .. decent size, turns his hips fluidly and closes fast. Gunna be a good one.

Last edited:
Let’s goooooo. NJ is back for the cuse. Excellent job by staff. Quality get. We aren’t competing against bowling green and Kent state anymore. Now we are truly grabbing recruits who have interest from our fellow peer P5 schools. Love the momentum. This 24 class is working to be Dino’s best HS class

Last edited:
So -- for the coaches on the board, what's the skinny on our two recent DB commits?

Not surprisingly, the daily website has neither ranked / rated:

1687341817267.png

I looked at his film and was impressed. Not saying he is going to be great but I think one thing you see in all great DBs is that they become receivers when the ball is thrown. They go after it like they are the primary receiver.

I think it is a mindset you want to see and it is something I see with Long very consistently. Looks like he is good at blowing up runs in his direction too.

To survive playing at the P5 level, he has to get stronger. I think he has to get his weight up to at least 180. If he can do that, I expect he will be a long term very successful starter for us at CB.

Not a ton of highlights but I like what I saw as well. Just needs to add some mass. Would be great if his 6’-0” height is accurate. He definitely needs to hit some extra leg days but his upper body is more built than I expected. Hopefully his legs can catch up a bit.

That is hilarious. He is one of the best CBs in the northeast. Players shouldn’t be penalized because they have no interest in Rutgers.

Watch and see what happens at the college level.
Why was he not rated prior to this when he has offers from Pitt, WVU, BC (I think), and Cuse? There’s nothing more I like to see for a NE recruit other than a PSU recruit too.

Why was he not rated prior to this when he has offers from Pitt, WVU, BC (I think), and Cuse? There’s nothing more I like to see for a NE recruit other than a PSU recruit too.
The Rutgers fan boys are reluctant to give recruits in the NE a good rating unless Rutgers recruits them. Sad.

A lot of times kids aren't rated unless they are "evaluated" by a recruiting site "analyst" at said analysts recruiting site camp. Rating and stars are a gimmick of paysites.

And having said that, please gentlemen let's try and keep this discussion on Braheem.