Class of 2020 - DB Charles Bell VI (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/19/19) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DB Charles Bell VI (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/19/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? You inherently can't stay committed while visiting other schools.
That's like your spouse asking to date others while engaged to you.
I guess he's not that into me during the contemplation of marriage.

I'm 100% committed to you but I want to see other people!?
That's just contradictory on its very surface.
We're not talking about getting married, you get that, right? We're talking about a kid who gets to see places he/she might not ordinarily get to see. If a kid is swept off his feet by sleep pods, or a sweet-talking Bruce Pearl-type, or is handed a bag, I'm not sure I would have wanted him/her in the first place.

If SU recruited me, and I was sold on the program, I'd still take all my official visits.

We're not talking about getting married, you get that, right? We're talking about a kid who gets to see places he/she might not ordinarily get to see. If a kid is swept off his feet by sleep pods, or a sweet-talking Bruce Pearl-type, or is handed a bag, I'm not sure I would have wanted him/her in the first place.

If SU recruited me, and I was sold on the program, I'd still take all my official visits.
OK. I'm 100% committed to you but I want to see other schools!?
That makes sense to you as not being self contradictory?
It doesn't say 90 or 75. It says 100. Just being 100.

Last edited:
Well, yeah. But since he's the only kid who has ever done this in the history of college sports, I can see why you're all worked up over it.
This isn't my discussion, but I'll throw out a wild guess: Because it's annoying and disingenuous? OTOH, lots of kids want to "take their visits". But some schools say, you do this and your offer's pulled. So there are various ways of looking at it.

This isn't my discussion, but I'll throw out a wild guess: Because it's annoying and disingenuous? OTOH, lots of kids want to "take their visits". But some schools say, you do this and your offer's pulled.
I wouldn't want my kid to play for one of those coaches.

And I'd make it public, too.

JB has always told recruits to take all their visits.

I wouldn't want my kid to play for one of those coaches.

And I'd make it public, too.

JB has always told recruits to take all their visits.
I hear you. With most kids that are genuine ... it's fine to be 100% committed and want to take visits for fun. Some, unfortunately, are scammers ... they say committed but don't mean it and just want to use an SU offer as bitcoin/leverage to attract so-called 'higher profile' teams. I have less sympathy for the latter.

Last edited:
if you told someone you would take a job and they said, great but its not official for 6 months and someone else offered you a job in the mean time, would you not listen to the offer? lots of people interview at other places long after they are pretty sure where the want to end up.

dont blame the kid blame the system.. now if the kid has told the coaches he is 100% the coaches can be upset, but from talking with the SU coaches they really want the kid to be 100% sure..

Guys its likely a free trip to visit an SEC school in South Carolina, id take it too

OK. I'm 100% committed to you but I want to see other schools!?
That makes sense to you as not being self contradictory?
It doesn't say 90 or 75. It says 100. Just being 100.
It can still be still be 100% and take visits given there are a few instances where the kid would be well served (none include him “flipping”) getting additional information from visits

1 His coaching staff leaves prior to signing day (voluntarily or not)

2 He gets “recruited over”. All of a sudden a few more are recruited at his position and his contact from the school drops precipitously and he can no longer get confirmation that the offer is committable

There are more but these are some of the most common scenarios that a kid would want to get all of his information relative to the marketplace for his talents BEFORE these issues potentially arise, not AFTER

Why not take 5 then commit as opposed to committing then visiting.
Maybe Cuse was out of RB offers and he really wanted his spot. Most official visits are late in the cycle and you could easily lose a spot if you wait.

Well, yeah. But since he's the only kid who has ever done this in the history of college sports, I can see why you're all worked up over it.
Who's worked up? Please Stop projecting emotion where it doesn't exist. Your strawmen argument has nothing to do with my comment. Because he's visiting another college like many others doesn't disprove my point.

It can still be still be 100% and take visits given there are a few instances where the kid would be well served (none include him “flipping”) getting additional information from visits

1 His coaching staff leaves prior to signing day (voluntarily or not)

2 He gets “recruited over”. All of a sudden a few more are recruited at his position and his contact from the school drops precipitously and he can no longer get confirmation that the offer is committable

There are more but these are some of the most common scenarios that a kid would want to get all of his information relative to the marketplace for his talents BEFORE these issues potentially arise, not AFTER
That certainly stretches logic. Those reasons along with a whole list of others including he likes the visit better makes the fact he is NOT 100% committed. You can say your 100% committed and take no more visits meaning that what your saying is true. Or you can say you're 100% committed and then take visits which makes what you're saying much more hard to believe.

Maybe Cuse was out of RB offers and he really wanted his spot. Most official visits are late in the cycle and you could easily lose a spot if you wait.
He's a Safety.

That certainly stretches logic. Those reasons along with a whole list of others including he likes the visit better makes the fact he is NOT 100% committed. You can say your 100% committed and take no more visits meaning that what your saying is true. Or you can say you're 100% committed and then take visits which makes what you're saying much more hard to believe.

Are we really parsing the language of a 17 year old to determine whether he's making some ontological statement by saying he's 100% committed? I'll start by saying that you're absolutely right. He isn't "100% committed." When I was his age, I wasn't 100% committed to anything. Hell, today at 31 I'm only 100% committed to my wife.

I also think it's impossible to be 100% committed to a university at 17. Something could happen to a family member, something could happen with his grades, he could get injured, the coaches could turn out to be lizard people forming a cabal to bother you with commitment tweets, or he could decide he doesn't want to be cold 6 months out of the year. None of those are moral failings and none of those mean he's lying right now.

Regardless, if you want to take the phrase "100% committed" as a personal affront despite official visits being free vacations, then nobody can stop you. God almighty though, there are better ways to raise your blood pressure.

Bell could be my favorite recruit in the class. Watch his entire highlight tape. The dude is versatile and a stud. Hope he stays.

If you're committed to a school, there is zero reason to visit other schools, unless you're having doubts and/or are not 100% sure about your commitment choice IMO. There is a good chance we might lose this kid but that's just the true nature of recruiting in college football.

If you're committed to a school, there is zero reason to visit other schools, unless you're having doubts and/or are not 100% sure about your commitment choice IMO. There is a good chance we might lose this kid but that's just the true nature of recruiting in college football.

A free vacation has to be at least one reason, right?

I'll also add the chance to be treated like a rock star for 2 days to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom