Class of 2021 - DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this go to Jersey Swag Daddy or CB Coach West?

Thankful I'm living in the West because I only have to wait until 1 pm for Duce's decision. You poor suckers have to wait till 4 pm. As a courtesy to my East Coast brethren, I'll let you know at 1 pm what DC's decision was so you won't have to wait till 4.

What's that? Time is relative. When it's 4 pm in Syracuse, it's 1 pm in Reno. Yeah right. Everybody knows it's the same time everywhere.
And no I won't take this to the "General Relativity Board"

Thankful I'm living in the West because I only have to wait until 1 pm for Duce's decision. You poor suckers have to wait till 4 pm. As a courtesy to my East Coast brethren, I'll let you know at 1 pm what DC's decision was so you won't have to wait till 4.

What's that? Time is relative. When it's 4 pm in Syracuse, it's 1 pm in Reno. Yeah right. Everybody knows it's the same time everywhere.

That sounds like the plot to the next Christopher Nolan movie: Duception.

An interesting tidbit that DFB shared during a recent interview was his perspective on measurables and how important they are, particularly during this period where evaluations cant be done in person.

He replied that measurables are important but he doesn‘t worry as much about a couple inches, or a couple tenths on a 40 if the tape is really good. “If the tape is really good, the odds are that the player is really good, regardless of workout stats”

EDIT: this is related to DC due to the rumblings about a lackluster 40 time registered at some point.

Come on man not tonight. Syracuse is on the verge of getting HCDB highest rated recruit as a HC. Lets celebrate that. We dont need to talk about the volleyball player we signed... might even be from another country if memory serves. Dont think we even had any tape on him well...because lol. But not right now!

https://n./content/prospects/2019/lee-kpogba-184409

He’s not Dino’s highest rated recruit even if he does commit/sign with us. Kpogba finished the year inside the Rivals 150, he’s our highest rated recruit there ever.

make it so.gif

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere

Gentlemen keep the discussion on Darian Chestnut or you will be joining those 3 Rutgers posters.

You're gonna make us stan for Rutgers??!!

Sheesh! Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. :p

Darian Chestnut clearly would agree.
Duce for Cuse!!

Because you take digs on SU recruiting ever change you get. "Lets get that 5 star recruit or else" then you throw in a occasional "you make a good point" and "lets go orange" to make people think you are a fan when you really aren't. We all know chestnut is a lean so you can stop the phony "hope we get him" stuff.
No I've never said any of that. I have said "we have to stop the MAC type recruiting and focus on top notch players in "our geographical recruiting footprint like Duce"

I dont take shots I blasted you when you and your group were saying " our recruiting is good" the last 3 or 4 years. Again I am happy that you now are on my side ( or atleast some of your group) in saying the recruiting has to improve. Welcome aboard!!!@ Since we are now in the same boat, lets focus on recruits like Duce or Rooks etc that can get us back to relevancy instead of recruits who we beat out all MAC or AAC teams for.

See its not digs I AM BLASTING!!!!

Both played a role, although Monroe was involved longer.
This seems like a team effort with HCDB having multiple contacts as well. If you look at what Duce says in a lot of articles and interviews it seems Chip has been primary on this.

But again for recruits at this level it has to be a "all hands on deck" approach. Glad to see it looks like it paid off

ESF has a project in the works to develop a blight-resistant American Chestnut tree. Early results are promising. That alone should tip the scales in our favor.

Who wants a Darian Chestnut thread?

Who wants to post about Darian Chestnut in a Darian Chestnut thread?

Apparently, some of you don't. Fair warning.
AND...nobody is rhyming.

I may have missed it during the preceding chaos -- but has anyone given an explanation on why his measurables and track numbers don't seem to line up? Bad day? Bad numbers? From his frosh camp circuit? Seeing his film he looks faster than a 4.85.

Who wants a Darian Chestnut thread?

Who wants to post about Darian Chestnut in a Darian Chestnut thread?

Apparently, some of you don't. Fair warning.
At least you didn't threaten to make us sit with Rutgers fans for not just talking about Chestnut. That crossed a line to me.

and it's not just this recruit. 14th rated recruiting class in the conference my ass. In three years, this is going to be the foundation of a top 25 team, mark it down.
I doubted you once before (the 10-3 season). Not again. :)

Last edited:
Why isn't it 4 pm yet? I am bored and Deuce's announcement will perk things up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online