Class of 2022 - DB Isaiah Johnson (MI / Dartmouth) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/7/22) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Isaiah Johnson (MI / Dartmouth) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/7/22)

Putting players in the league is everything. Our past DBs or safety’s who are now in the league are providing us marketing materials for current recruits. We need more nfl players on offensive side of the ball now too. I know tucker will provide us that marketing material for awhile which is awesome. I want to see a QB and WRs who have nfl buzz. All is good stuff and I love our success in the secondary l. Players going to the nfl and us winning are the two most important factors for increased recruiting success

did-you-say-plethorat-did-you-say-plethora-three-54383840.png

The days of playing 4 true frosh in our 5 player secondary are gone. Hopefully forever.

If we have learned anything in our time playing in the ACC, it is that there is no substitute for quality depth. You have to have it to compete in this meat grinder of a conference.

We aren't there in a bunch of areas but one area we are finally in good shape is the secondary.

Welcome Isaiah!

Tony White always says the 5 best players will play in our secondary. Not sure where Isaiah is going to end up but if he is healthy, I am confident he is going to play.

This 100%. It's why people shouldn't worry about 'how many guys' are we bringing in at xyz position. Most of our secondary missed multiples games this past season. The dropoff when backups go in is huge. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. It reinforces much needed depth and creates fantastic competition which elevates everyone's play.

I doubt SEC fans worry about depth charts and 'loaded' position groups. 'what are we going to do with 15 defensive backs!?' ...uuuuhhhhh play the best 6?

Last edited:
This 100%. It's why people shouldn't worry about 'how many guys' are we bringing in at xyz position. Most of our secondary missed multiples games this past season. The dropoff when backups go in is huge. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. It's reinforces much needed depth and creates fantastic competition which elevates everyone's play.

I doubt SEC fans worry about depth charts and 'loaded' position groups. 'what are we going to do with 15 defensive backs!?' ...uuuuhhhhh play the best 6?
Also, if the drop-off from 1st team to second team is minimal it allows you to play more people. For example, your defense gives up a long drive, then offense goes 3 and out. You can give the other guys some rest without much difference in play.

Also, if the drop-off from 1st team to second team is minimal it allows you to play more people. For example, your defense gives up a long drive, then offense goes 3 and out. You can give the other guys some rest without much difference in play.
Which is helpful when wanting to play tempo too. We haven’t been able to.

Maybe Barron can return to WR.
Acknowledging Barron’s far more likely.

With that said, I wonder if Dino ever did give Nunn a look at WR? Thinking back to his recruitment and how he was interested in playing both ways.

Doesn’t mean we were too, but I’m just thinking out loud.

I think it’s great that this is a kid that could have pursued NFL FA opportunities now but will be part of our defensive backfield for the next 2 years. We are absolutely stacked there.

I liked Barron's play in the secondary. Always seemed to be around the play. I actually thought he was an upgrade over LaBrosse