Class of 2016 - DB Jared Mayden (TX) to Alabama | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Jared Mayden (TX) to Alabama

Do we really know if Mayden has a strong interest in Syracuse. No visit date has been set.

For goodness sakes offer Dublanko! You gotta be kidding me! As far as Mayden I wonder if he can afford to take an unofficial. Not cheap especially if you want any family with you.

Pipe dream and we know it
Well, it's a pipe dream if you don't follow up on it at all. We have not to this point, capitalized onj the mom that we had after the Washington verbal. 2 qb's that we wanted, have verbaled to peer schools. And we have not had a single verbal since.

Well, it's a pipe dream if you don't follow up on it at all. We have not to this point, capitalized onj the mom that we had after the Washington verbal. 2 qb's that we wanted, have verbaled to peer schools. And we have not had a single verbal since.

I agree. I'm not sure if it's the staffs fault, or the fans who may have overestimated RW's pull with other prospects. It's still early, but if everyone was being honest, I think they would say they would have expected a little more of a domino effect.

I agree. I'm not sure if it's the staffs fault, or the fans who may have overestimated RW's pull with other prospects. It's still early, but if everyone was being honest, I think they would say they would have expected a little more of a domino effect.

Not the staff's fault and I think the fans who thought RW would cause a quick domino effect were a bit too hopeful. Gotta play out for a while

That Texas time or Georgia?
He's headed back to Texas today, I think. So I assume Texas. But good question.

For the record, while I don't think we're going to get Mayden, I am predicting we'll be in his top 10.

It would be nice to be in his top 10, but considering he is announcing at The Opening in two weeks, he hasn't visited us and the dead period starts on Monday, I would say we are screwed.

It would be nice to be in his top 10, but considering he is announcing at The Opening in two weeks, he hasn't visited us and the dead period starts on Monday, I would say we are screwed.
Oh yeah, I have no illusions about him being a guy we can seriously get. But a couple things to consider...

1) He's still very close with the Washingtons - with whom he was just hanging out in Bradenton, Florida at the IMG 7v7 tournament
2) His brother is still high on Syracuse as one of his first offers
3) Even if we don't get him, being a finalist for an elite DB is great publicity

jekelish said:
Oh yeah, I have no illusions about him being a guy we can seriously get. But a couple things to consider...

1) He's still very close with the Washingtons - with whom he was just hanging out in Bradenton, Florida at the IMG 7v7 tournament
2) His brother is still high on Syracuse as one of his first offers
3) Even if we don't get him, being a finalist for an elite DB is great publicity

It sure would look good to be one of the hats on the table with all eyes watching.

Suspense is killing me and it's just a top 10.

Well he released a top 7 instead of a top 10. We aren't in the top 7. So looks like we were one of the 3 schools cut.

And I know for a fact that as of yesterday afternoon, we were in the top 10. Dammit. I'm thrown off by him deciding to trim it from 10 to 7.

He's going big, and he ought to.

Yeah, we never really had a shot. But I'm just wondering why he suddenly decided to do a top 7, instead of a top 10. We were one of the three he cut from that list.

Yeah, we never really had a shot. But I'm just wondering why he suddenly decided to do a top 7, instead of a top 10. We were one of the three he cut from that list.

It was a nice dream I guess. However, other dreams may become reality if we land Bryant, Moe and Colone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom