Class of 2016 - DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers

In transfer portal, per the site that never sleeps.
He would be an absolutely perfect fit as a replacement for Iffy as a big Corner. Would also give him a chance to finish his career closer to his Canada home. We recruited him before and would be a great use of one of our remaining scholies and w/ our recent DB success, have a lot to sell. Let's get the Swag Daddy on this.

Last edited:
Tore his acl. Not sure if he ever fully recovered. Definitely worth lookin into.

Tore his acl. Not sure if he ever fully recovered. Definitely worth lookin into.
Not sure about his health but in general, I think our best chance to get good players from the portal is to target kids from relatively close to Syracuse. Kids that went far away to school and want to finish their careers close to home.

Not sure about his health but in general, I think our best chance to get good players from the portal is to target kids from relatively close to Syracuse. Kids that went far away to school and want to finish their careers close to home.
Absolutely

His stats this year were comparable to pre-ACL in 2018 when he started 11 games.

2020 numbers were 28 total tackles, 0 int, and 4 pass breakups in only 9 games vs 31 tackles, 2 ints and 5 pbs 2018; started 11 games.

He's 6-2.5 / 205. I think if we have any reservations about replacing Iffy we should make a run here.

Last edited:
His stats this year were comparable to pre-ACL in 2018 when he started 11 games.

2020 numbers were 28 total tackles, 0 int, and 4 pass breakups in only 9 games vs 31 tackles, 2 ints and 4 pbs 2018; started 11 games.

He's 6-2.5 / 205. I think if we have any reservations about replacing Iffy we should make a run here.
Thanks for lookin that up. Sounds good to me.

2020 numbers were 28 total tackles, 0 int, and 4 pass breakups in only 9 games vs 31 tackles, 2 ints and 5 pbs 2018; started 11 games.

As an experienced guy, he'd be a perfect "get" to help offset some of what we lost. Hope we're involved.

This would be a great get to help fill some of the experience we are losing this year.
Tape on this kid looks really nice.

Hope a Canada kid putting Rutgers ahead of us isn't a sign of things to come. I remember they used to recruit Canada hard under Schiano.

j/c who knows if we even contacted him.

j/c who knows if we even contacted him.

No need to be offended at the suggestion. The only ones who would actually know aren't on this board unless they have a direct connection to the staff or the player.

However, since our coaching staff/recruiting coordinators followed him after he entered portal i would say its pretty certain he was contacted to test the waters. Thats how initial contacts are made in alot of cases to see if there is mutual interest. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as he would be a plus to the roster.

Its not very difficult to figure out who we've reached out to in this manner and to see what positions the staff are looking to fill/upgrade.

Most recently would be the 2 DL's from Auburn that recently entered the portal.

Of course there are other ways of contact so its not the end all but I would wager much money someone on our staff reached out. No other reason to be direct messaging him unless it was to wish him a happy birthday i guess.

No need to be offended at the suggestion. The only ones who would actually know aren't on this board unless they have a direct connection to the staff or the player.

However, since our coaching staff/recruiting coordinators followed him after he entered portal i would say its pretty certain he was contacted to test the waters. Thats how initial contacts are made in alot of cases to see if there is mutual interest. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as he would be a plus to the roster.

Its not very difficult to figure out who we've reached out to in this manner and to see what positions the staff are looking to fill/upgrade.

Of course there are other ways of contact so its not the end all but I would wager much money someone on our staff reached out. No other reason to be direct messaging him unless it was to wish him a happy birthday i guess.
Im actually surprised we weren't mentioned.

Well at least with this kid we have confirmation someone from the staff was following him after he entered the portal - that's an improvement over the Judge "I Chose Toledo Over SU" Culpepper thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom