Class of 2016 - DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers

No need to be offended at the suggestion. The only ones who would actually know aren't on this board unless they have a direct connection to the staff or the player.

However, since our coaching staff/recruiting coordinators followed him after he entered portal i would say its pretty certain he was contacted to test the waters. Thats how initial contacts are made in alot of cases to see if there is mutual interest. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as he would be a plus to the roster.

Its not very difficult to figure out who we've reached out to in this manner and to see what positions the staff are looking to fill/upgrade.

Most recently would be the 2 DL's from Auburn that recently entered the portal.

Of course there are other ways of contact so its not the end all but I would wager much money someone on our staff reached out. No other reason to be direct messaging him unless it was to wish him a happy birthday i guess.

It's easy to get offended when fake news becomes fact and takes on a life of its own. lol so because we have a coach or some admins following a kid it means we're actively recruiting them ? Did we make direct contact, bring him in for a visit, get his transcripts ?

I'm well aware how initial contact is made and frankly initial contact isn't usually made by following someone on Instagram or twitter. Kids are usually straight up contacted if there is serious interest.

Last edited:
It's easy to get offended when fake news becomes fact and takes on a life of its own. lol so because we have a coach or some admins following a kid it means we're actively recruiting them ? Did we make direct contact, bring him in for a visit, get his transcripts ?

I'm well aware how initial contact is made and frankly initial contact usually isn't made by following someone on instagram or twitter. Kids are usually straight up contacted if there is serious interest.

I was trying to add insight in my post and in your instinct to defend yourself you come up with this nonsense.

If someone/multiple people began following a recruit right after he enters the portal, you don't believe its to direct message him to initiate/re-initiate contact and see if there is any interest??? Really??? Then why has it happened multiple times directly after a player enters the portal??? Coincidence??? Come on man.

Outside of Rene, why did Bartow begin following multiple DL right after they entered the portal??? You think he just wants to see what they're up to in their social lives??? Exchange recipes???

Just take the L on this one and preserve your credibility.

I was trying to add insight in my post and in your instinct to defend yourself you come up with this nonsense.

If someone/multiple people began following a recruit right after he enters the portal, you don't believe its to direct message him to initiate/re-initiate contact and see if there is any interest??? Really??? Then why has it happened multiple times directly after a player enters the portal??? Coincidence??? Come on man.

Outside of Rene, why did Bartow begin following multiple DL right after they entered the portal??? You think he just wants to see what they're up to in their social lives??? Exchange recipes???

Do you know why our staffers follow people?

Maybe it's an easy way to keep a list of prospects to be checked out by the real staff? As opposed to maintaining a separate spreadsheet. An equally plausible explanation.

Bartow use to work for a recruiting site. He's probably been following some of these kids for years. I just purged my followings of about 1, 000 of SU offers on this site.

Well this now hurts even more

I'm pretty comfortable with my credibility since I'm involved in the recruiting aspect for a different sport, both from the coach standpoint and recruited athlete standpoint. I can tell you the college coach who hits up the phone gets a lot more traction than the coach who likes or follows an account. That's almost laughable.

Those defensive lineman likely have no idea who the heck Ryan Bartow is unless they look him up. The why would obviously be some form of cursory interest. It might mean the staff is checking them out. But you guys are making the leap that a like, or a following of an account means being actively recruited. It doesn't.

By the way, one of those DL Bartow was following picked Louisiana-Lafayette I think. The Bankston kid I believe.

Last edited:
Bartow use to work for a recruiting site. He's probably been following some of these kids for years. I just purged my followings of about 1, 000 of SU offers on this site.

You're a Twitter Wizard I know (not being sarcastic) and I respect your contributions to this site. Before I let this thing go I will just comment that following people is in chronological order from most recent followed (top to bottom) so timing of when someone enters the portal and the recent follow is the issue. In the examples I used, it was contemporaneous and that's not a guess. That is how I deduced there was at least an modicum of interest by Syracuse.

I was just trying to share information as I firmly believe there is no other rational explanation the staff started following Rene unless there was some modicum of interest and I will stand by that point. This method is not fool proof but can provide insight into what players/positions the staff may be looking to fill/upgrade as we move into the 2021 season.

Fin.

Well, not at Rutgers, but some of them probably recruited him at their former jobs.
Right rutgers LB coach Bob Fraser has a relationship with him. He was recruiting him a while back.

Last edited:
You're a Twitter Wizard I know (not being sarcastic) and I respect your contributions to this site. Before I let this thing go I will just comment that following people is in chronological order from most recent followed (top to bottom) so timing of when someone enters the portal and the recent follow is the issue. In the examples I used, it was contemporaneous and that's not a guess. That is how I deduced there was at least an modicum of interest by Syracuse.

I was just trying to share information as I firmly believe there is no other rational explanation the staff started following Rene unless there was some modicum of interest and I will stand by that point. This method is not fool proof but can provide insight into what players/positions the staff may be looking to fill/upgrade as we move into the 2021 season.

Fin.
I have resigned my title of Twitter Wizard. Twitter is no longer what it use to be...or what it was meant to be.

Just refer to me as the all seeing one. ;)

And yes Bartow may have started a new following of Rene but I personally like to see more following than just Bartow on a prospect to give indication of real interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom