Class of 2024 - DB/WR Marlin Odom (MS) Committed to Troy | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB/WR Marlin Odom (MS) Committed to Troy

Kind-of a strange offer at this point. We're his only P-5 offer. Other offers: Central Ark., Jackson St., Lane College, and Memphis:

Agree about the offers, but his film is very impressive. Also he listed an offer from UAB on twitter, which while nothing super special, is another FBS offer.

Sleepy Miami Marlins GIF by MLB

I like this kid's film. I am sure Fran has plans for him, in whatever capacity he sees him contributing.
I'd imagine this may be more long term than immediate impact considering all talent level being infused.

We found time today to give an offer to what seems to be a potential diamond in the rough type, today, while hosting 20+ recruits on what is our biggest OV weekend in like a decade?

our staff doesn’t sleep at all, do they?
Our staff sleeps like Chuck Norris. They don't sleep...they wait.

“I was an under the radar guy” - Fran Brown
Yeah, I seem to recall Kirby Smart saying that Fran had a lot of latitude to pick out stud athletes who are under recruited. Maybe that's the case here.

Fran is known as being able to identify talent. I never believed the hype thrown out by people of the last two staffs, that they were geniuses at finding diamonds in the rough. Or that our bottom of the ACC recruiting rankings didn’t mean anything.

But if Fran thinks someone is worth an offer. I’m all in.

Definitely. Maybe a backup plan to the FL kid.
OFFERED> MARLIN ODOM 2024 LUCEDALE HS, LUCEDALE, MS
#1 6'2" 175/ WR/SS/ SR STATS: 36 REC, 543 YDS, 6 REC TDS, 902 - ALL PURP YDS, 1 PICK 6, 2 BLK'D FG , 9 PBU'S, 3 FF

17472243_2d5ba8c843fe4989b1dc270461784d89.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

IMPRESSIVE STATS AND FILM
VERY FAST 40 N/A EST 4.4
AT WR RUNS GREAT ROUTES
GREAT HANDS
CATCHES EVERYTHING

AT DB GOOD TACKLING SKILLS
GOOD OPEN FIELD TACKLER
MANY PBU'S
GOOD COVER DB

Wonder if we're still involved with this kid? He just jumps out of film as a player!
As it was already mentioned, if Fran offered him is because he sees something worth extending .

Wonder if we're still involved with this kid? He just jumps out of film as a player!
As it was already mentioned, if Fran offered him is because he sees something worth extending .
I know Coach E Rob is following him on Twitter.

Given that we more or less just got involved here, I’d say that is good for us that he is signing later. More time to work on him, assuming he in fact is a guy we want after the dust settles today