DC Sports Night Tidbits | Syracusefan.com

DC Sports Night Tidbits

Bill Orange

Jimmy says that he would like to continue playing Georgetown.

Speaking of, Georgetown Athletics are being regarding ticket allocation for March 9th.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Jimmy says that he would like to continue playing Georgetown.

Speaking of, Georgetown Athletics are being regarding ticket allocation for March 9th.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Not surprising. I've heard rumors that initially the only way to get tix to that game will be that you have to make a $175 donation to the Gtown athletic department, and you have to purchase an 8 game package. (n)

If they want to continue playing us, part of the deal is none of this ticket bullsh!t. Give us twice the normal allotment of visitors, or no deal. F*** 'em. They need us more than we need them. Much more.

If they want to continue playing us, part of the deal is none of this ticket bullsh!t. Give us twice the normal allotment of visitors, or no deal. F*** 'em. They need us more than we need them. Much more.

You're right. Another chance for TGD to show whether he has the goods.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Some final notes:​

During the Q & A, a lady from Virginia asked JB what his thoughts were on the breaking news of Calhoun's pending retirement. JB essentially said that JC took a program that was basically nothing (unlike Duke and UNC) and turned it into a major power. Laid out major props for JC as a coach and personally regarding with his battle with cancer. He did, however, suggest that he quit riding a bike.

And to end the night, Bayside and I were among the lucky winners in the raffle!

They have crappy seats upperdeck, behind the basket that you can get for $170 total for the season. There are 16 other games that you could sell but the issue is would anyone buy them?

Some final notes:​

During the Q & A, a lady from Virginia asked JB what his thoughts were on the breaking news of Calhoun's pending retirement. JB essentially said that JC took a program that was basically nothing (unlike Duke and UNC) and turned it into a major power. Laid out major props for JC as a coach and personally regarding with his battle with cancer. He did, however, suggest that he quit riding a bike.

And to end the night, Bayside and I were among the lucky winners in the raffle!

Even stronger was JB's comment that no one will ever again accomplish what Calhoun has with regard to taking a program that had zero basketball history or facilities and winning like he did. I was surprised that his statement was as strong as it was - too bad it won't end up in the press because it was as respectful as a quote as any reporter is going to get.

But the line(s) of the night came from JB after the assistant AD mentioned in her speach that JB reports up the chain through her. I was sitting right near JB when she said it and the look he had on his face was priceless. Sure enough, as soon as he got up there he looked at her and said "I always thought the person making the most money is the boss." Followed by, "and you always come to my office when we have meetings."

Message sent - JB runs the show up there.

Apparently more board people should have attended because I won too. 3 out of 6 prizes is a nice haul.

Even stronger was JB's comment that no one will ever again accomplish what Calhoun has with regard to taking a program that had zero basketball history or facilities and winning like he did. I was surprised that his statement was as strong as it was - too bad it won't end up in the press because it was as respectful as a quote as any reporter is going to get.

But the line(s) of the night came from JB after the assistant AD mentioned in her speach that JB reports up the chain through her. I was sitting right near JB when she said it and the look he had on his face was priceless. Sure enough, as soon as he got up there he looked at her and said "I always thought the person making the most money is the boss." Followed by, "and you always come to my office when we have meetings."

Message sent - JB runs the show up there.

Apparently more board people should have attended because I won too. 3 out of 6 prizes is a nice haul.

The look and laugh of JB when Bill Orange won the first prize was pretty funny. I booed (and rightly so) until my name was called.

The look and laugh of JB when Bill Orange won the first prize was pretty funny. I booed (and rightly so) until my name was called.

One of the events I miss from my time down in DC. Good stuff gang!!

Anyone going to share what the prizes were?

Anyone going to share what the prizes were?

Bayside won a basketball autographed by Jimmy and Igor.

I won lunch with Mike Tirico, who will be in town to call the MNF game when Osi and the G-Men beat down Bob Griffin.