DC2 "doubtful" for the Miami game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DC2 "doubtful" for the Miami game

Excitedly concerned. Lot of nervous energy around these parts from time to time.

It's even more fun under duress ...

coffee2.jpg

I had class with Louie mccroskey and Terence Roberts. Dajuan Coleman is not them. Dajuan is basically as developed as roc was last year. Story isn't over. 70 percent of his career is ahead of him.

Last edited:
I had class with Louie mccroskey and Terence Roberts. Dajuan Coleman is not them. Dajuan is basically as developed as roc was last year. Story isn't over. 70 percent of his career is ahead of him.

Yeah but if this season is a bust for him, and likely it is, then we are down to two years for him. And next year we have McCullough and Obokoh coming in, and Rak as a senior, whom I'm sure the staff would like to see be able to showcase his NBA-worthiness. It's an uphill climb for DC2 that is getting steeper with every game that goes by.

I think the R word is the best solution. God forbid I mention the T word again, no matter how compassionate the context.

So DC2 should transfer? I'll say it right now, chances are McCullough won't be as ready to produce as some of you might expect. Just because hes a probably Mcdonalds All American doesnt mean he is just going to walk in here and get 30 mpg. I agree that Okoboh will take over the Keita role, but how many freshmen burger boy big men have to struggle before we stop putting outlandish expectations on them. McCullough will be a good player for us, but he's not the type of guy thats going to just come in here and dominate. Even if/when grant leaves i am willing to bet DC2 and Roc still start together next year. McCullough or Roberson will start at the other forward spot.

Yeah but if this season is a bust for him, and likely it is, then we are down to two years for him. And next year we have McCullough and Obokoh coming in, and Rak as a senior, whom I'm sure the staff would like to see be able to showcase his NBA-worthiness. It's an uphill climb for DC2 that is getting steeper with every game that goes by.

I think the R word is the best solution. God forbid I mention the T word again, no matter how compassionate the context.
McCullough is not a center. And you think Obokoh will be ahead of DC2? I doubt it. IMO, minutes will be much easier for DC2 to get after BMK graduates. That should allow DC2 to be patient, as long as he keeps working hard minutes will be available in the future.

I don't think RS is an option. If it were I would love to have DC2 on the '16 squad. A DC2 transfer would be sad and disappointing.

First, as much as I'm rooting for him and hopeful for his future, I don't agree with the idea that we "need" Coleman against anyone this year. That's not to say that he can't become a valuable component of this team in his junior and senior seasons but the reality for me right now is that we're almost always field a better lineup when he's not on the floor. Christmas at the 5 with Keita spelling him and Grant playing monster minutes at the 4 clearly gives us our best chance to win. Not to be harsh, but having Coleman provides us with depth but currently nothing more and to me, that doesn't demonstrate a need.

His place on next year's team is really interesting although I have to say that if the arrival of Okoboh creates a playing time issue for Coleman, than he truly won't be the player that we probably all hoped he would become. I think more could ride on Grant's decision to stay than the arrival of McCullough in terms of its impact on Coleman. If Grant stays, I think Christmas is locked into the 5 spot with very few minutes at the four. That means Coleman is our second-string center at best and could potentially mean a repeat of his role on this year's team.

It's starting to look to me like his senior year may be the only time in which Coleman really has an opportunity to play major minutes and become a big-time contributor to this team. Obviously, the same thing could easily have been said about Fab and others early in their career but they also weren't competing for PT against the level of talent that Coleman will be over the next couple of years.

It is a bruised knee as the result of banging legs with someone else while setting a pick in practice. If you read Jim B's words carefully it seems to be the treatment not the injury that is keeping him out. Yesterday he said something to the effect of "he had treatment yesterday and therefore won't be practicing today". Only my opinion but I believe he probably could play if he had to but being he was not necessary to beat E. Mich and likely Miami and Va. Tech - I believe JB's thinking is why not get him completely healed while at the same time giving Roberson some PT and development time so that he may be able to help come year end. If Roberson could develop into yet another offensive option (which is likely with playing time) it would give us flexibility and scoring depth in the frontcourt and make our offense even more unstoppable. There will be a game where Fair and/or Grant gets in foul trouble and it would be great to turn to Roberson and not miss a beat on offense. If you read what the beat reporters and even CJ Fair have had to say about him in practice and watch his high school highlights he clearly can shoot and shoot with some range and will at some point be an excellent offensive player. If we could get just a bit of that this year - watch out below.

McCullough is not a center. And you think Obokoh will be ahead of DC2? I doubt it. IMO, minutes will be much easier for DC2 to get after BMK graduates. That should allow DC2 to be patient, as long as he keeps working hard minutes will be available in the future.

I don't think RS is an option. If it were I would love to have DC2 on the '16 squad. A DC2 transfer would be sad and disappointing.

I don't disagree with your post. However, I would posit that the notion of having to have a true center in the college game (and even in the NBA - look at Miami) is somewhat overrated. No doubt, having a monster center in every sense of the word is preferable. But we can still win a title without a true "5", as long as the guys in the middle and the front line can play D and rebound well enough.

There is yin to the yang, too. If you have a 5 that can run, slash to the rim, set screens, and hit a mid-range jumper, or even an occasional three, that neutralizes or even takes advantage of an opposing center who may not be mobile or quick enough. Your best team will almost always be your five best players, no matter how tall they are.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom