DC3 takes a 40K hit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DC3 takes a 40K hit

I don't get any of your posts. I've never even seen a article where it said he was with 2 buddies and one of them threw the snowball. Articles I had read said he was with his roommate and they weren't involved. The kid and group that were involved were never identified nor caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's easier for these "homers" to paint the victim as the bad guy here.

Videotapes showed kid he punched never threw anything, Delone just blind side punched him.
$40K is enough to get sucker punched. I'll take it. I'll take the $ up front but you get a free shot but then I get a hit back shot and the $.:p

This whole thing is garbage this kid was racial profiling DC3. DC3 was a good man on the way home from the candy store.
Where is reverend Al? :p

Huh? What the heck does it matter if he threw one punch or a dozen punches? He assaulted the kid once he laid a finger on him.

That "one punch" caved in the side of his face. It is felony assault.

It doesn't. He obviously is rather ignorant in regards to the law and just makes himself appear stupid the more he comments on the matter... :crazy:

Is there any surprise that people still think it's the fault of the female when they are sexually assaulted? Just read some the moronic posts on here.

Some people sound like Ped St. fans.

Unreal.

The jury gave the kid $40K. That is what they thought the actual damages were worth. Time to move on. I am sure Carter is happy that this is now behind him. Carter took responsibility for his actions and now he is making the final payment.

I believe snowballs were being thrown at a car, not at the individuals themselves. So, your antagonizing position is about as far as a stretch as one can likely make, as a more 'reasonable' person/position would consider it being just simple horseplay. Of course, horseplay doesn't preclude potential negligence/liability by the snowball thrower(s) if the driver of the car were to somehow lose control of the vehicle by being distracted, etc., resulting/contributing to a motor vehicle accident and ensuing bodily injury and/or property damages.

Carter clearly assaulted the individual (who wasn't the instigator anyways, although relatively inconsequential legally had he been) and used excessive force in doing so. Based on all the alleged physical injuries along with a potential for some type of physical and or mental impairment in the future, it certainly appears that Carter got off rather cheap based upon my experience with various tort settlements. It would be interesting to see what the jury pool consisted of as I have seen greater verdicts rendered with considerably less alleged/actual damages.

agreed. i work in a claims department for a large insurer handling liability claims for commercial policyholders. $40k was very cheap. everyone thinks delone didn't get what he wanted because his attorney said $20k in closing arguments. well, of course, she said $20k in front of the jury. i'd be willing to bet carter's team offered $40k before the verdict/would have paid $40k were it demanded. lastly, those who condone violance and blame the plaintiff are nonsensical.