DCCuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DCCuse

Being a victim of a rare heart condition myself I know how you may feel. There are lots of things the medical community can do but one thing that you can do, and which I find tremendously helpful, is meditation. I recommend Jon Kabat Zinn, he runs a group out of Boston that deals with serious illnesses and living with them. I can’t say enough about how much that’s helped. Apps like Calm are very good also. Neither are religiously affilliated.

I have been dealing with my condition since 2004. It’s cause by an autoimmune disease which I’ve had since the mid 90s. I would be glad to share experiences, answer questions and so on. They may not be the same, but much of the emotional physiological stuff will be.
What a great post.

Hey folks with the blessing of DCCuse himself, I wanted to provide a note that one of our own regulars here is in the medical fight of his life dealing with a very serious and rare heart issue. His closest SU friends are already aware of what is going on, but thought perhaps some of his other SU board friends would like to wish him well (figured that is what we can use this thread for).

He (Rick) has been transported on an advanced medical jet from Syracuse to NYC for the most advanced care possible as they try to simultaneously figure out what has happened, as well as how to successfully treat it. Major surgery is planned this week.

If I’m not mistaken he can still read the board and the thought is let’s rally as a Cuse community in sending good well wishes. I wanted to also announce that to address the mounting medical bills this fall we will be holding several Fine Mess Tailgate related benefits with details to be provided later. We’ll also likely get a gofundme me page set up.

Rick my Syracuse Orange colored friend, as you already know we love you, we’re thinking about you and are sending well wishes your way to fight this thing as best you can, keep your spirits high, and get done what needs to be done to get on the other side of this. Hang in there bro!

(Mods plz pin).
Prayers and good vibes. We need to be pestering AD’s again

Being a victim of a rare heart condition myself I know how you may feel. There are lots of things the medical community can do but one thing that you can do, and which I find tremendously helpful, is meditation. I recommend Jon Kabat Zinn, he runs a group out of Boston that deals with serious illnesses and living with them. I can’t say enough about how much that’s helped. Apps like Calm are very good also. Neither are religiously affilliated.

I have been dealing with my condition since 2004. It’s cause by an autoimmune disease which I’ve had since the mid 90s. I would be glad to share experiences, answer questions and so on. They may not be the same, but much of the emotional psychological stuff will be.

My stomach doesn't feel well reading this. I've gotten to know Rick real well outside of this board. He and his wife were at my wedding four years ago. Looking forward to you dominating this and drinking some eagle juice sometime soon, brother!

Orange Nation has your back, Rick! Let us know if there is anything we can do.

1627325635648.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom