DCCuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DCCuse

Hey folks with the blessing of DCCuse himself, I wanted to provide a note that one of our own regulars here is in the medical fight of his life dealing with a very serious and rare heart issue. His closest SU friends are already aware of what is going on, but thought perhaps some of his other SU board friends would like to wish him well (figured that is what we can use this thread for).

He (Rick) has been transported on an advanced medical jet from Syracuse to NYC for the most advanced care possible as they try to simultaneously figure out what has happened, as well as how to successfully treat it. Major surgery is planned this week.

If I’m not mistaken he can still read the board and the thought is let’s rally as a Cuse community in sending good well wishes. I wanted to also announce that to address the mounting medical bills this fall we will be holding several Fine Mess Tailgate related benefits with details to be provided later. We’ll also likely get a gofundme me page set up.

Rick my Syracuse Orange colored friend, as you already know we love you, we’re thinking about you and are sending well wishes your way to fight this thing as best you can, keep your spirits high, and get done what needs to be done to get on the other side of this. Hang in there bro!

(Mods plz pin).
Prayers to you and the family! Get better my friend!!

Prayers to you and the family! Get better my friend!!
I've told the story a few times for those that have been around... Rick was the guys who brought me into this weird world of befriending people from a sport board... Rick invited me to meet up at a bar outside the old MCI Center (I believe that was the name at the time) for a GTown game... He told me he'd be wearing an SU rugby shirt... Needless to say, when I told my wife I was heading to the game early to meet up with a guy from the SU board, It was never weird until she gave me this look... I got to this bar and was looking for a guy in an SU rugby shirt, but everyone in the damn bar was wearing SU stuff. So... Sh(ut your mouth) was really weird walking around asking people if they were DCcuse. Long story short, I found Rick and he preceded to introduce me to folks from the board that are still very special to my wife and I to this day. Also, at one point we relocated back to Syracuse for a few years and Rick and Diana were great checking in on us and reaching out as we transitioned back. Mad love/respect for this dude for that!! Get well soon Bro!

Holy cow, my heart dropped when I saw the thread title. Rick, hang in there buddy! I'm sure Milo is anxiously awaiting your return.

One of the very first board members I met in real life.
Was he rocking the rugby joint?

I've told the story a few times for those that have been around... Rick was the guys who brought me into this weird world of befriending people from a sport board... Rick invited me to meet up at a bar outside the old MCI Center (I believe that was the name at the time) for a GTown game... He told me he'd be wearing an SU rugby shirt... Needless to say, when I told my wife I was heading to the game early to meet up with a guy from the SU board, It was never weird until she gave me this look... I got to this bar and was looking for a guy in an SU rugby shirt, but everyone in the damn bar was wearing SU stuff. So... Sh(ut your mouth) was really weird walking around asking people if they were DCcuse. Long story short, I found Rick and he preceded to introduce me to folks from the board that are still very special to my wife and I to this day. Also, at one point we relocated back to Syracuse for a few years and Rick and Diana were great checking in on us and reaching out as we transitioned back. Mad love/respect for this dude for that!! Get well soon Bro!
Dude no doubt some of my better friends in life these days (certainly the ones I see the most), are our SU board friends. Especially as one gets older seeing both high school and college and afterword friends much less often, this SU passion is wonderful thing and bond to have in common and share as we hang out.

Rick has always been a part of it and we will look forward to having them right back in the mix sooner rather than later.

Now that I think of it, Rick was the person who messaged me the first time I expressed interest in attending a spring practice back in 2010 and did the exact same thing.

This board is a special place and this thread and threads like it are the reason. The tribute the board does for Orangeyes with the daily links and on the golf are also such a nice gesture. We are a community and when one is hurting we all are hurting. Get well soon, Rick!

Rick, met you for the first time you were living in DC...I think OrangeinDC was there too...anyways a long time ago. Power through this...this will be a marathon so stay strong and don't be hesitant to ask for help. We all are wishing you well and can't wait to see you in person again.

Rick, met you for the first time you were living in DC...I think OrangeinDC was there too...anyways a long time ago. Power through this...this will be a marathon so stay strong and don't be hesitant to ask for help. We all are wishing you well and can't wait to see you in person again.
Was it at the football game in Charlottesville?

Last edited:
Hey folks with the blessing of DCCuse himself, I wanted to provide a note that one of our own regulars here is in the medical fight of his life dealing with a very serious and rare heart issue. His closest SU friends are already aware of what is going on, but thought perhaps some of his other SU board friends would like to wish him well (figured that is what we can use this thread for).

He (Rick) has been transported on an advanced medical jet from Syracuse to NYC for the most advanced care possible as they try to simultaneously figure out what has happened, as well as how to successfully treat it. Major surgery is planned this week.

If I’m not mistaken he can still read the board and the thought is let’s rally as a Cuse community in sending good well wishes. I wanted to also announce that to address the mounting medical bills this fall we will be holding several Fine Mess Tailgate related benefits with details to be provided later. We’ll also likely get a gofundme me page set up.

Rick my Syracuse Orange colored friend, as you already know we love you, we’re thinking about you and are sending well wishes your way to fight this thing as best you can, keep your spirits high, and get done what needs to be done to get on the other side of this. Hang in there bro!

(Mods plz pin).
Wishing you the best. Get well soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom