DCCuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

DCCuse

DCCuse update: It's a good one! The boy is on his way back! I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm VERY excited to hear from Rick's wife Jenn who reports that Rick is off on artificial heart/lung machine, he's completely off sedation and the breathing tube is out. All good continuing all the trends in the right direction.

With the assist of the LVAD left ventricular pump assist device his heart is pumping again and he's breathing on his own for the first time in a while so its all systems go with the device looking solid and performing well. The routine after this type major intervention is to stay in the ICU at this point even though he's stable to be sure all things go well and if not there's advance care right there just in case. With his young age and otherwise good health I'm feeling optimistic that the recovery will continue, inch by inch day by day at first right now, then gangbusters at a certain point toward normalcy, toward the new normal for him fpr many many years to come.

They are doing dialysis right now on him to be sure the organs get less stressed then hopefully he's able to get weaned off that for good as his numbers and situation improves. That part will be determined as more time goes by in his recovery.

But I can tell you that this is about as good as we could have hoped for, all systems literally go, recovery in progress and on course time table wise and Godspeed toward the future where hopefully we see Rick in a later season tailgate.

Keep thinking positive DCCuse, you got the corner turned my friend!

DCCuse update: It's a good one! The boy is on his way back! I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm VERY excited to hear from Rick's wife Jenn who reports that Rick is off on artificial heart/lung machine, he's completely off sedation and the breathing tube is out. All good continuing all the trends in the right direction.

With the assist of the LVAD left ventricular pump assist device his heart is pumping again and he's breathing on his own for the first time in a while so its all systems go with the device looking solid and performing well. The routine after this type major intervention is to stay in the ICU at this point even though he's stable to be sure all things go well and if not there's advance care right there just in case. With his young age and otherwise good health I'm feeling optimistic that the recovery will continue, inch by inch day by day at first right now, then gangbusters at a certain point toward normalcy, toward the new normal for him fpr many many years to come.

They are doing dialysis right now on him to be sure the organs get less stressed then hopefully he's able to get weaned off that for good as his numbers and situation improves. That part will be determined as more time goes by in his recovery.

But I can tell you that this is about as good as we could have hoped for, all systems literally go, recovery in progress and on course time table wise and Godspeed toward the future where hopefully we see Rick in a later season tailgate.

Absolutely outstanding!! Little by little Rick, keep moving forward!!! Thanks so much for the update!!

Great to hear!

Fabulous news! Go DCCuse!

Favorite post in my 20 plus years of these boards, Doc!!!! Thanks for sharing and continued thoughts and prayers to our pal Rick!!!

Awesome news about an awesome guy. Hope you are able to read this thread Rick and see all your friends cheering you on as you get better! I love the SU hoops recruiting trend, I love the promising practice reports for SU football and I love hearing you are on the mend.

Full speed forward on all fronts! Go Rick go!

Wow how did I miss this??? I knew it had to be serious when Rick said he couldn’t play in the Orangeyes Open this year, but being the humble guy he is, he was very low key about the severity. This man has introduced me to so many board members at the events I’ve been at and is just the most awesome guy. I’m so happy to hear the positive updates and can’t wait to see you again soon, Rick!

Awesome news!

What great news to start my Saturday morning. Keep getting better, Rick. Ya know, it really can't be said enough how great this board is. The amount of love and support for anyone who is struggling is just awesome. Our 2nd home.

Hey folks with the blessing of DCCuse himself, I wanted to provide a note that one of our own regulars here is in the medical fight of his life dealing with a very serious and rare heart issue. His closest SU friends are already aware of what is going on, but thought perhaps some of his other SU board friends would like to wish him well (figured that is what we can use this thread for).

He (Rick) has been transported on an advanced medical jet from Syracuse to NYC for the most advanced care possible as they try to simultaneously figure out what has happened, as well as how to successfully treat it. Major surgery is planned this week.

If I’m not mistaken he can still read the board and the thought is let’s rally as a Cuse community in sending good well wishes. I wanted to also announce that to address the mounting medical bills this fall we will be holding several Fine Mess Tailgate related benefits with details to be provided later. We’ll also likely get a gofundme me page set up.

Rick my Syracuse Orange colored friend, as you already know we love you, we’re thinking about you and are sending well wishes your way to fight this thing as best you can, keep your spirits high, and get done what needs to be done to get on the other side of this. Hang in there bro!

(Mods plz pin).
Hang in there my friend , have the Rosary Beads going for you full time...stay strong...

Clearly I am not very observant as I just saw this pinned post.

Glad to hear everything is going well and you are on the road to getting back. Thoughts for continued kicking of the @ss DCC!!!

CR thanks for the good news. glad to hear DC is coming through this. The ICU nurses are always competent in my experience and I know they’ll take good care of them, oh the Drs also. It’s a big time of transition for anyone going through this. I hope it all goes well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom