Class of 2018 - DE Casey Rogers (NY) Verbal to Nebraska / Transfer to Oregon | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE Casey Rogers (NY) Verbal to Nebraska / Transfer to Oregon

Ha some lingering injury issues but could come back home especially if he wants to restart his lax days again.

Definitely think we reach out here. It’d be great if we add this kid and Goode to our d-line. I’d feel a lot better

No idea how good he is, but might take a little sting out of missing out on that kid from U Albany.

No idea how good he is, but might take a little sting out of missing out on that kid from U Albany.
From the article above, he was contributing on the DL prior to his injuries. 6-5 295.

Already has offers from:

Auburn, USC, Washington, Arkansas, TCU, Oregon St, Louisville, Virginia, Purdue

Last edited:
Definitely think we reach out here. It’d be great if we add this kid and Goode to our d-line. I’d feel a lot better
Lelan’s kid right? The guy who no longer coaches lax here.

I went to Westhill with Casey. He was an extremely nice kid. One of those people who has every attribute that points to being a jock but he was the complete opposite in every aspect. Hard worker, extremely athletic and was always someone who moved extremely well for his size. I was convinced he was going to be the next big star at Cuse on the lax field. I am older than him so I was focusing on college when he announced he was going to pursue football in college and go to CT for prep school. I was really shocked. I remembered him being really good at football, but felt like he was a special lax player. For anyone who follows college lacrosse too, a good comparison for him would be Chris Cloutier from UNC a few years back. Big, strong kid who can move really well and adapt even at attack. After seeing the offer list he compiled at Avon before headed to Nebraska, I could see that he was the real deal and could easily play both sports at a power school. I would love to see him come home and pick up a lacrosse stick again too. But with his injuries and his dad not being on the staff anymore, I’m not sure the lacrosse program or even Casey for that matter is interested. No matter where he ends up, that school is getting a great young man beyond the football field. He will be successful at whatever he ends up pursuing in life. Come on home Casey!!

Playing DL for Oregon tonight in the Holiday Bowl against UNC. Looks solid.