Class of 2014 - DE Harold Landry (NC) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DE Harold Landry (NC) Offered

There's an old adage that goes "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". I like the fact that this staff is aggressively going after recruits.

hey, I hope the staff is doing this with every top recruit out there - I just hate seeing some folks get all worked up and start following some kids every word and then get all deflated as if the staff has failed when they don't get a flip - it's a long shot at best.

Go 9-3 during the regular season this year and look impressive on both sides of the ball and then you might have a shot at flipping some kids.

hey, I hope the staff is doing this with every top recruit out there - I just hate seeing some folks get all worked up and start following some kids every word and then get all deflated as if the staff has failed when they don't get a flip - it's a long shot at best.

Go 9-3 during the regular season this year and look impressive on both sides of the ball and then you might have a shot at flipping some kids.

I agree that winning will make recruiting easier but there are a lot of reasons why kids will flip.. coaches leave, the school they commit to has a lousy season, too much competition for playing time, etc.

I don't get worked up about recruiting... I do it for a living. I follow because I am interested in the process. I like what I can see that Cuse is doing this year. The twitter army, getting commits to help recruit, Eric White. I like seeing what type of kids they are trying to recruit, the area they are concentrating on or trying to develop.

I agree that winning will make recruiting easier but there are a lot of reasons why kids will flip.. coaches leave, the school they commit to has a lousy season, too much competition for playing time, etc.

I don't get worked up about recruiting... I do it for a living. I follow because I am interested in the process. I like what I can see that Cuse is doing this year. The twitter army, getting commits to help recruit, Eric White. I like seeing what type of kids they are trying to recruit, the area they are concentrating on or trying to develop.

no worries CL - wasn't actually directed at you - I know you're good :)

this almost never works out - since Shamarko and Sharpe, who has actually been flipped from a decent program in recent years? I know this is a new staff, but people are kidding themselves if they think there's a good chance at getting this kid to flip - especially with Addazio being a good recruiter

Rishard Anderson - Wake
Zach Chibane - USF
Corey Cooper - Louisville
The guy from Pitt that didn't qualify as well.
Estime was committed to two different schools but not really flipped...

Rishard Anderson - Wake
Zach Chibane - USF
Corey Cooper - Louisville
The guy from Pitt that didn't qualify as well.
Estime was committed to two different schools but not really flipped...

forgot about Rishard
only partial credit for Zach as I believe he had an offer to greyshirt from USF
didn't know that about Cooper - thought he was uncommitted - impressive to flip someone from Charlie Strong

HAROLD LANDRY III@HAROLDLANDRY2 21h
Had 10 tackles and 2 1/2 sacks, in a W tonight! Team got alot of work to do tho!

forgot about Rishard
only partial credit for Zach as I believe he had an offer to greyshirt from USF
didn't know that about Cooper - thought he was uncommitted - impressive to flip someone from Charlie Strong

Cooper was uncommitted when he committed to 'Cuse, he decommitted from L'ville a few months prior.

He tweeted tonight "I'm a boston college eagle. PERIOD!".

PS, I dont know how you guys copy the tweets over directly in their original formats. Anyone wanna lemme know how its done. Thank in advance

Looks like a direct connection between Landry's tweet and Rodney's offer.

Guy just wants to be a dude.

He tweeted tonight "I'm a boston college eagle. PERIOD!".

PS, I dont know how you guys copy the tweets over directly in their original formats. Anyone wanna lemme know how its done. Thank in advance

That tweet was actually a follow up because he had de-committed the day before. Not sure what Addazzio has over him because he re-committed real fast. Nice damage control but this one is far from over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Recruiting is a multifaceted process. IMO, our recruiting is picking up with this new staff. Ultimately, recruiting is about relationship building which is one of the factors that make Mike Hopkins an awesome recruiter. Our staff is mostly not experienced with relationship building with HS coaches in our typical recruiting target area. That hasn't hurt us in the short run; however we must develop the ACC area for long-term GT we just experience hurt us with some of our targets and may help with others. My recruiting assessment, at this point in the season, is trending positive with much work to do to become competitive in the ACC.