Class of 2017 - DE/LB Dominic Peterson (CA) Verbal to Nevada | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE/LB Dominic Peterson (CA) Verbal to Nevada

Is he still interest in SU or should I ask if we are still interested in him. Hope it is mutual.
All I know is that he has an offer, he plays for a powerhouse program in a tough division in cali and one of his teammates plays for SU. And I like the kid. :noidea:

I think their coach and HCDB are friends too if I am not mistaken.

It looks like we are his only offer. I won't complain if we land him. Not one bit.

6-0 265, can't tell if he has the body to add more weight to his frame or has the speed to maybe kick to end.

6-0 265, can't tell if he has the body to add more weight to his frame or has the speed to maybe kick to end.
Has to change composition, convert fat to lean mass. Think this is a kid who you take a last minute flyer on if you have space. Great instincts and motor, is also very strong but definitely needs to work the hardest on optimizing his body to have a chance at the D-1 level. This will be a comparison that is frowned on, but honestly this kid reminds me of Ben Boulware, not particularly fast or explosive but is somehow in on the play 9 times out of 10. You can't teach that and it's the kind of intangible that makes a below average guy a monster.

Has to change composition, convert fat to lean mass. Think this is a kid who you take a last minute flyer on if you have space. Great instincts and motor, is also very strong but definitely needs to work the hardest on optimizing his body to have a chance at the D-1 level. This will be a comparison that is frowned on, but honestly this kid reminds me of Ben Boulware, not particularly fast or explosive but is somehow in on the play 9 times out of 10. You can't teach that and it's the kind of intangible that makes a below average guy a monster.

Thing about Boulware is he has great athletes all around him.

Thing about Boulware is he has great athletes all around him.
He was also highly rated out of high school, which I found surprising with a documented 40 of 5.1. Still, he turned or alright.

Pack's 2017 class nearly complete after three additions (rgi.com; Murray)

The 6-foot, 265-pound Peterson, from Harbor City, Calif., was a wrecking ball last season on the defensive line. He was named the area's player of the year by the Daily Breeze newspaper after he stacked up 109 tackles, 28 tackles for loss, 17 sacks and forced three fumbles for Narbonne High, one of the top football programs in Southern California.

Peterson, a three-star recruit, also had offers from Syracuse, Sacramento State and West Liberty. The only thing holding him back from Pac-12 offers is his size, but Peterson is a constant performer who has racked up back-to-back 100-plus tackle seasons from the defensive line spot.

Defensive line wasn't a position of need for Nevada, but the Wolf Pack couldn't pass up Peterson, who it offered about a week before he committed.

“He plays so hard all the time and is so versatile,” Narbonne coach Manuel Douglas told the Los Angeles Times in December. “He’s unblockable inside. He’s so quick off the ball.”