Class of 2020 - DE Leon Lowery (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/16/19) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DE Leon Lowery (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/16/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article says he had an offer from us? Did we have interest before and they thought it was an offer?
The article says we offered his teammate, Myles Bailey. I'm not sure we're still after him since we've got two backs in the fold.

Dino had a tweet one hour ago for Lowery and just did another tweet five minutes ago saying #JuicedUp. Wonder who the latest commit is?
Barclay or Barron, I would expect.

Good athlete for the DE position. I watched his highlights the other day when I saw he was camping. Moves well. Reminds me of stand up DE from Jersey name Josh Allen who became a first round pick. Lowery will be an athletic 6’4 250 in a couple years. We snagged him literally out of Butgers back yard.

Clearly, his Rutgers offer wasn't commit-able.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Kids got the tools! When you’re seeing a 6’3 kid run down speedy guys on kick offs and punt returns that’s a great sign. He has agility and speed and measurables to grow into a scary DE. Reminds me of Tyrell Richards a little. Lengthy and versatile.

Can't help but be impressed (astonished is more accurate) by the athleticism he displays in the open field. This is a big kid who can run and bend. Full stop. Technique out of his stance is raw and actually hurting his game. Steep learning curve, imo, and a few years of s&c from being in a position to seriously contribute. But holy s#*% you guys! This one has the potential to be really good.

Can't help but be impressed (astonished is more accurate) by the athleticism he displays in the open field. This is a big kid who can run and bend. Full stop. Technique out of his stance is raw and actually hurting his game. Steep learning curve, imo, and a few years of s&c from being in a position to seriously contribute. But holy s#*% you guys! This one has the potential to be really good.
Yup. Stoked. By all acounts a high character kid that knows the difference between contributing and just showing up. A raw Jersey kid with all the tools. Seems to be a very mutual attraction on this one. Good fit - we'll see.
Why not attribute the best characteristics and aspirations to him?

Love our strategy of finding these diamond in the rough players with ACC measurables. The previous coach would rah rah us about underrated and plays hard. This coach gets us underrated kids who have the god given ability to take it to an ELITE level. The ceilings on these players are so much higher.

Sounds like a good analysis, including what he needs to work on. To what extent do our coaches now work with his HS coaches to help him develop his technique, his physique, etc., to be better prepared to contribute relatively early? Or are they even allowed to do that?

Great article by Bailey-217 pounds. I like it. I like it a lot.

Especially for a kid just starting the summer before his senior year. Bodes well for the weight he'll eventually be able to carry.

Todderick talking NJ football without any Rutgers references is weird.

With as much DE depth as we now have, it'll be great to have LL do a RS year, spend lots of quality time with Coach E and crew, and then become a QB wrecking machine for the following 4 years. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom