Class of 2015 - DE Micah Dew-Treadway (IL) Grad Transfer from Notre Dame/Committed to Minnesota | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Micah Dew-Treadway (IL) Grad Transfer from Notre Dame/Committed to Minnesota

I say give it 5 more years. Now that Notre Dame isn't making much more money than other teams in the power 5 conferences, they are about to see what it's like on an even playing field. Besides academics, they won't have that much more to sell.

I say give it 5 more years. Now that Notre Dame isn't making much more money than other teams in the power 5 conferences, they are about to see what it's like on an even playing field. Besides academics, they won't have that much more to sell.
apparently they can still also sell tradition, a ravenous fan base , and a beautiful campus too

I'll feel much better about losing recruits to them after we scalp them at MetLife come September...

This could be a potential land, or at least a prospect that’d make sense.

We have three senior defensive tackles next year - Ruff, Williams, Black. I don't like the idea of having a four man rotation that are all seniors.

We have three senior defensive tackles next year - Ruff, Williams, Black. I don't like the idea of having a four man rotation that are all seniors.

Black will only be a JR...

I would rather have the extra body there, even if it means a grad transfer. Not enough depth for a position that takes a constant pounding.

Looked up his stats, he’s had 2 whole tackles while he was there. Very underwhelming

Doesn't matter what age they are. If they can play, they can play. And buying an extra year allows for the newcomers to develop/redshirt.

Doesn't matter what age they are. If they can play, they can play. And buying an extra year allows for the newcomers to develop/redshirt.
I'm uncomfortable with the idea of grad transfer / JUCOs being used to win now. There's circumstances where it's the right thing to do, but it seems short-sighted to have one returning tackle with significant game experience in 2020.

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of grad transfer / JUCOs being used to win now. There's circumstances where it's the right thing to do, but it seems short-sighted to have one returning tackle with significant game experience in 2020.

Don't disagree -- if it's a normal cycle and situation, you always would prefer to take a freshman over a grad transfer. And in this situation, it might be the case that the guy available wouldn't be that much of an upgrade over what we have available.

I trust the staff here and everywhere as it relates to bringing in talent. I'd also add that Koda Martin worked out just fine, as did Amba Etta-Tawo and would have Jordan Martin had he not gotten hurt.

Would prefer Maryland has a talented disgruntled DT on their roster.

Takes one play and down to no rotation so if he is good bring him on.

I think a grad transfer at DT is much more likely in 2020 than next year. A JUCO would make alot more sense for 2019, but it's got to be someone who will push for PT otherwise it makes more sense to take another HS recruit this class.

Looked up his stats, he’s had 2 whole tackles while he was there. Very underwhelming

Thanks. I think we're sometimes just as taken in by the glitz and the glamour of the big-name programs as the kids are. The factories whiff too.

When i look at the tape of the ND beatdown of us i am all in on this kid. I would rather have a guy who has practiced every day against that ND offensive line that dominated us Look at the push they got on the first ND play from scrimmage. Couple that with the fact that this kid went up vs Quentin Nelson for 3 years prior every single day. The alternative is some kid from high school 2stars maybe 3 if we are lucky. Or a guy like Ruff who i really like but didnt play for his first two years.

This guy should be able to step in day 1 and physically meet the challenge and push for starting time. In 2020 we have a change to be really good perhaps better than this year even but DT depth could be a issue. This kid should give us that 4th DT.

I get that it would suck having to replace basically 4 DT's the following year BUT we have 5 more spots for recruits this year if not more and all next year to get the said high school DT.

The one thing I like about Grad transfers is there appears to be little downside, as they only tie up a scholie for 1 year.