Class of 2015 - DE Micah Dew-Treadway (IL) Grad Transfer from Notre Dame/Committed to Minnesota | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Micah Dew-Treadway (IL) Grad Transfer from Notre Dame/Committed to Minnesota

Im a little worried about the interior. Slayton is a big loss. Williams, Black and Ruff are reliable but I would like another capable DT in case of injuries. We can use another guy if Shaq, Harper haven't shown enough growth to contribute. Guys that can possibly slide in are Jonathan , Caleb and Pickard.

Im a little worried about the interior. Slayton is a big loss. Williams, Black and Ruff are reliable but I would like another capable DT in case of injuries. We can use another guy if Shaq, Harper haven't shown enough growth to contribute. Guys that can possibly slide in are Jonathan , Caleb and Pickard.
Particularly since it's such a physical position, you have to assume someone will get hurt and we have no depth there. At least at OT, we have bodies.

Agreed. It's our largest depth concern currently.

Pickard can't even 'slide in' to the active lineup at DE - doubt he can move to the middle.

Caleb is the only one of those guys who seems like he's got the build to bulk up to go inside.
Jonathan is too good at DE, and not big enough for DT. He'd need to put on at least 20+ lbs.