Class of 2017 - DE Robert Porcher IV (FL) DeCommits from Nebraska/Verbal to VT | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Robert Porcher IV (FL) DeCommits from Nebraska/Verbal to VT

Offers include Arizona, Louisville, UMD, Nebraska, USC, VT, Syracuse

I think his dad played for the Detroit Lions?
That dude was a beast. I remember him dominating the bench press at the skills competition back when they still did those. Played for the lions for a long time, I believe.

It seems like there is a larger number of decommits this year than in the past. I wonder if the trend of committing earlier is causing a lot of buyers remorse.

It seems like there is a larger number of decommits this year than in the past. I wonder if the trend of committing earlier is causing a lot of buyers remorse.
I

Kids commit before they are ready to make sure they don't get shutout. Then as time goes on, they get very nervous about things, and maybe not having made the right call.

Kids need time, and we just don't give it to them any more. How many times on the recruiting board do you see the sntiment "we've been on this kid for so long. If he doesn't want in, we should just move on." Or even "he's stringing us along" teenage kids take a long time to figure out what they want, we as fans just refuse to give it to them

I

Kids commit before they are ready to make sure they don't get shutout. Then as time goes on, they get very nervous about things, and maybe not having made the right call.

Kids need time, and we just don't give it to them any more. How many times on the recruiting board do you see the sntiment "we've been on this kid for so long. If he doesn't want in, we should just move on." Or even "he's stringing us along" teenage kids take a long time to figure out what they want, we as fans just refuse to give it to them

Agreed and many see an influx of offers a bit later during their senior year and if they were strong armed a bit by the school they were originally committed too then this as well may lead to them shopping around. Two way street, many blame the kids but the coaches are ones to blame as well. Get and early signing period as well, many of the kids want to get it over with as well and have people quit bothering them

i don't think there's a large abnormal number of decommits at all. seems about par for course.