Class of 2018 - DE/TE Parks Gissinger (CA) Verbal to Michigan State | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE/TE Parks Gissinger (CA) Verbal to Michigan State

Didn't realize the connection with their RB coach (former SU QB). I think the lack of Syracuse lineage in the program contributes to the struggles with legacy recruits.

Didn't realize the connection with their RB coach (former SU QB). I think the lack of Syracuse lineage in the program contributes to the struggles with legacy recruits.

Not to mention 15 years of mostly garbage football

well - the early signing period really sucks for some kids in this situation - when the full extent of the scandal at MSU becomes known, I wonder if the kids will be allowed out of their commitments.....

well - the early signing period really sucks for some kids in this situation - when the full extent of the scandal at MSU becomes known, I wonder if the kids will be allowed out of their commitments...

I'd have to think so. Particularly because the MSU athletic department wouldn't be in a position to strongarm these recruits, who signed up prior to this scandal breaking / their coaches potentially being fired. Any attempt by MSU's athletic department to force these kids to stay would result in even more negative publicity.

I'd have to think so. Particularly because the MSU athletic department wouldn't be in a position to strongarm these recruits, who signed up prior to this scandal breaking / their coaches potentially being fired. Any attempt by MSU's athletic department to force these kids to stay would result in even more negative publicity.
Plus the NCAA has already started an investigation. They could make the school release these kids who signed early.

Plus the NCAA has already started an investigation. They could make the school release these kids who signed early.
Penn State released their signees, didn't they?

Given the legacy history here, can we/would we get back in with Parks?

Are we pursuing a portal player who had so little production at MSU? What am I missing?

He's a legacy, as I recall.
Yup. Dad is Drew Gissinger. He played here in the late 70's. 6th round draft pick by the SD Chargers and played 3 years. Injuries ended his playing career.

1644784125117.jpeg

Sadly, he died in 2019.