Class of 2015 - DE/TE Raeshon Dunbar (FL) Visiting January | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE/TE Raeshon Dunbar (FL) Visiting January

Beckett Wales ranks 4th all-time at SU for receptions by a TE. He also ranks 7th for receiving yards by a TE at SU. So...
I know he ranks high but only because they there to him often in his stationary position. Look I wasn't a great athlete as a young person but I could catch just about anything thrown at me if I was standing still. I want TEs who can go downfield and latch on to a pass over his shoulder when running at his top speed. Of course we need a QB who is capable of throwing that ball with a degree of accuracy unlike what we saw this year.Some of those passes wilt the Stilt couldn't touches well as "Air Jordon"

Last edited:
I like his tape. He moves well. Looks shorter than 6-5 to me.

Saved me the trouble
OK you love Beckett Wales,love him and look up how many games he changed with his ability while your at it.BTW Provo and Gedney did do that on more than one occasion. Parris has one major catch and run that we all remember Dunbar if he comes will be a frequent target and provide YAC numbers as well as the recent TE commit from the west.

Free article...

http://syracuse.At their request, t...399-syracuse-pursuing-te-raeshon-dunbar?s=185

Yeah, I should've said traditional pass-catching tight end...now if he could turn into anything like the guys you mentioned we'd be in business.
I hope he doesn't turn in to Hernandez:eek:.

Any idea which guy we would prefer Dunbar or Clayton? I'd assume we can't take both.

Last edited:
Is this the football version of Paul Harris?

OK you love Beckett Wales,love him and look up how many games he changed with his ability while your at it.BTW Provo and Gedney did do that on more than one occasion. Parris has one major catch and run that we all remember Dunbar if he comes will be a frequent target and provide YAC numbers as well as the recent TE commit from the west.

Actually Wales in 2012 against USF had 9 catches for 125 yards with two scores against USF in a critical win for a bowl bound Orange squad. Wales accounted for 12 of SU's 37 points in a 1 point victory over the Bulls. If you actually watched the games you would know this Cali. That win allowed SU to get back to .500 before heading off to pound WVU in the Pinstripe Bowl at the end of the season, a game in which Wales would also score a TD.

Any idea which guy we would prefer Dunbar or Clayton? I'd assume we can't take both.

I have a feeling Dunbar is on the bottom of the queue. I think we only take him if we miss on 1 or 2 of Stocker, Pickard, of Clayton.

I have a feeling Dunbar is on the bottom of the queue. I think we only take him if we miss on 1 or 2 of Stocker, Pickard, of Clayton.
That was my expectation as well. Why take the extremely raw athlete who is a project, albeit one with lots of potential because of his athletic gifts, over guys who are established players who you can expect will certainly be contributors for us?

But if you don't get all of your final targets, you have to consider a guy with his athletic prowess who has just started learning the game to be a guy worth taking an amble on with that last spot.

If TD leaves that may create a situation where we have a DL decommit and if that DL commit is Ealey it could have an impact on Stocker as well. At this point, very smart to have a few DL guys you like set up on the back burner imo.

If TD leaves that may create a situation where we have a DL decommit and if that DL commit is Ealey it could have an impact on Stocker as well. At this point, very smart to have a few DL guys you like set up on the back burner imo.
Recruiting as a TE