Class of 2015 - DE/TE Raeshon Dunbar (FL) Visiting January | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE/TE Raeshon Dunbar (FL) Visiting January

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/football-player-rankings/football-position-rankings/

TIGHT END/H-BACK

1. BOWMAN ARCHIBALD, PASCO 2015
2. MITCHELL WILCOX, TARPON SPRINGS 2015
3. JOE WILLIAMSON, DURANT 2015
4. RAESHON DUNBAR, BOCA CIEGA 2015
5. DANTE TEDESCO, SICKLES 2015
6. PATRICK JAMES, SPOTO 2015
7. BRANDON JUNK, CLEARWATER CENTRAL CATHOLIC 2015
8. RASIM AVMET, CLEARWATER 2015
9. CHRIS BARRETT, COUNTRYSIDE 2016
10. JAVIS ROSS, LARGO 2016

from what i understand this is the first year Dunbar has ever played football. TE/DE 6-5 230. basketball player. if he's getting D1 interest might be a good find. kid is jacked
c4s_pinpreps121113_12092721_8col.jpg

from what i understand this is the first year Dunbar has ever played football. TE/DE 6-5 230. basketball player

Might it be the first year he played FB at Boca Ciega? I think he just transferred there this year. I did find that he had an offer from Alcorn State.

Might it be the first year he played FB at Boca Ciega? I think he just transferred there this year. I did find that he had an offer from Alcorn State.

dont know, where'd he transfer from? He was all pinellas county hoop player.

dont know, where'd he transfer from? He was all pinellas county hoop player.

Looks like he transferred from North East in St Pete but you may be right as I am only finding BB references.

He looks good. Especially if its his first year playing football.

I like his hudl tape. He’s a big WR and looks exactly like Enoicy and Custis.

I also like the offense they run. Shotgun 4 and 5 wide with Dunbar in the slot.

You were right.. first year playing FB.

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/treasure-hunt-boca-ciega-pirate-invasion/

"Avery Davis and Raeshon Dunbar will be huge defensively. Davis is a man-child at defensive tackles. Standing 6-1/300, the big man was virtually unstoppable yesterday. Along side of him was first year football player, Raeshon Dunbar. Dunbar is a basketball player (6-5/230) training at TE and DE. The kid is super athletic and has no clue at what he is doing just yet. But wait until he gets coached, understands each position and his responsibility, this kid could be the highlight of the season."

I don't know if I agree with the Enoicy/Custis comparison, this kid IMO is a true TE while those guys will probably end up at WR. Definitely like his tape though, its pretty impressive for a first year player.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 2h2 hours ago
Syracuse is recruiting another bigger body at tight end. Tim Lester visited Raeshon Dunbar while in Tampa yesterday

He did not speak to him while he was there. The Syracuse coaching staff does not communicate to recruits. Lester just stared at him with a blank stare for 45 minutes then walked out the door.

I don't know if I agree with the Enoicy/Custis comparison, this kid IMO is a true TE while those guys will probably end up at WR. Definitely like his tape though, its pretty impressive for a first year player.

A true tight end? I only watched about half the tape but he's not once line up in a three point stance. Every clip has him split wide.

A true tight end? I only watched about half the tape but he's not once line up in a three point stance. Every clip has him split wide.
I'm saying body type. I don't think we're recruiting the hybrids with Lester as OC.

I'm saying body type. I don't think we're recruiting the hybrids with Lester as OC.

To really make the 12 personnel hum, you'd ideally like two big guys with great hands and an ability to run past LB's. Hard to find - but I like this kids tape.

he's listed right now at 225 and deefinitely not a slow plodding run blocking TE

for kicks and giggles

6-6 265 / rob gronkowski
6-3 250 / Vernon davis
6-1 245 / aaron hernandez
6-5 247 / tony Gonzales
6-4 240 / kellen winslow

Parris, Provo and Moore are all 250 or less.

a traditional tight end to me is someone who's primarily a blocker and gets a token pass or two. (who was the SU tight end that caught the VT throw back?) ... anyhow maybe just me but I don't ever think of a traditional TE as someone who splits out and runs routes.

he's listed right now at 225 and deefinitely not a slow plodding run blocking TE

for kicks and giggles

6-6 265 / rob gronkowski
6-3 250 / Vernon davis
6-5 247 / tony Gonzales
6-4 240 / kellen winslow

a traditional tight end to me is someone who's primarily a blocker and gets a token pass or two. (who was the SU tight end that caught the VT throw back?) ... anyhow maybe just me but I don't ever think of a traditional TE as someone who splits out and runs routes.

Stephen Brominski. Greatest memory of my freshman year.

EDIT: I just rewatched on YouTube and got chills.

Last edited:
Stephen Brominski. Greatest memory of my freshman year.
Beckett Wales is my choice for the TE who couldn't catch a cold unless he was standing next to the QB and received a hand-off while standing perfectly still.Brominski is a close second.

for kicks and giggles

6-6 265 / rob gronkowski
6-3 250 / Vernon davis
6-5 247 / tony Gonzales
6-4 240 / kellen winslow

Yeah, I should've said traditional pass-catching tight end...now if he could turn into anything like the guys you mentioned we'd be in business.

Beckett Wales is my choice for the TE who couldn't catch a cold unless he was standing next to the QB and received a hand-off while standing perfectly still.Brominski is a close second.

Beckett Wales ranks 4th all-time at SU for receptions by a TE. He also ranks 7th for receiving yards by a TE at SU. So...