Class of 2021 - DE Terrance Butler Jr (MD) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Terrance Butler Jr (MD) Offered

be interesting to see if BC can beat Maryland out for him, Marylands been recruiting muy well

The school he attends is loaded with High End D-1 talent. Hopefully we can get in with them. Blake Corum who signed with Michigan goes there

The school he attends is loaded with High End D-1 talent. Hopefully we can get in with them. Blake Corum who signed with Michigan goes there
Kingsley Jonathan graduated from St. Frances.

Maryland is getting a bunch of studs. I know we can’t talk because we got waxed by them. But it’s realllllllly going to suck for that fan base to get their hopes up after getting these players just to finish 5-7, 6-6 every year.

Maryland is getting a bunch of studs. I know we can’t talk because we got waxed by them. But it’s realllllllly going to suck for that fan base to get their hopes up after getting these players just to finish 5-7, 6-6 every year.
That's what happens when you have great players right in your backyard. It's such a natural advantage that SU doesn't get the benefit of.

And if Maryland keeps recruiting like this, I think they'll be winning regardless of their coach.

That's what happens when you have great players right in your backyard. It's such a natural advantage that SU doesn't get the benefit of.

And if Maryland keeps recruiting like this, I think they'll be winning regardless of their coach.

Yep. They have two kids in their class that aren't from the DMV right now. These kids are all within an hour of campus. Must be nice

Yeah and recruiting has never been an issue with Locksley, it's everything else

GRob says hold my beer.

I think they’ll win 5-8 games just based on talent alone. But they are in a tough conference, you need coaching and can’t win on talent alone in that conference. But yes agree, if they keep recruiting like this they will get to that 7-8 win mark. Just tough to see them getting much further with who the head coach is

Locksley is a recruiting machine in the DMV, but he'll run that program into the ground and be out in a year or two regardless.

They won't win as long as Locksley is HC irrespective of who they recruit. Mark it. There's more to program management than recruiting, which he does about as well as anyone. Everything else is lacking and you're not winning without the rest.

Last edited:
They won't win as long as Locksley is HC irrespective of who they recruit. Mark it. There's more to program management than recruiting, which he does about as well as anyone. Everything else is lacking and you're not winning without the rest.
Don't get me wrong, I feel like under Dino we have a higher system but with the kids he brings in I feel like they can win 7-9 games a year easily. Which isn't great for us recruiting head to head. And it means when they fire Locksley the cabinets will be well stocked for the next guy to actually win.

That's a sneaky underrated HC gig down there.

Maryland has always recruited well.

exactly, when they had Diggs and a bunch of other high end kids they were a .500 team under Randy who is a better coach than Michael Locksley and couldn’t win in the ACC. The Big 10 East is a monster division, the Terps ceiling is not that high even if they had a decent coach

Don't get me wrong, I feel like under Dino we have a higher system but with the kids he brings in I feel like they can win 7-9 games a year easily. Which isn't great for us recruiting head to head. And it means when they fire Locksley the cabinets will be well stocked for the next guy to actually win.

That's a sneaky underrated HC gig down there.

It will be similar to the first time around with Locksley there. He recruited pretty well for Edsall but it didn't really get them anywhere. Just helped DJ Durkin make a bowl in his first year lol.

It's pretty amazing how much they've struggled in recruiting HC's post Friedgen. Edsall was damaged goods and everyone knew it, Durkin didn't end well, Canada lasted a year and now it's the Locksely "How many games can I lose before they can me?" administration. There's so much talent in the DMV. But Maryland has struggled financially so I think the general mismanagement of that program probably has a lot to do with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom